DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   lighting kit for destination wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/142077-lighting-kit-destination-wedding.html)

Yang Wen January 21st, 2009 08:59 PM

lighting kit for destination wedding

Can someone recommend a continuous, off-camera light that travels easy? I would use it as key light on light stand for dark ceremonies and receptions. Is there a cheap LED panel alternative to Litepanels?

Joel Peregrine January 22nd, 2009 10:21 AM

Hi Yang,

I use three of these at receptions, but I don't know how well they'd travel:

The Wireless Wedding Reception Video Light - HOME

The batteries are heavy but they serve a purpose being so. They act as weights on the light stand and make it nearly impossible to tip over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yang Wen (Post 998777)
Can someone recommend a continuous, off-camera light that travels easy? I would use it as key light on light stand for dark ceremonies and receptions. Is there a cheap LED panel alternative to Litepanels?

Lukas Siewior January 22nd, 2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Peregrine (Post 999017)
Hi Yang,

I use three of these at receptions, but I don't know how well they'd travel:

The Wireless Wedding Reception Video Light - HOME

The batteries are heavy but they serve a purpose being so. They act as weights on the light stand and make it nearly impossible to tip over.

Let me ask you Joel, how much light do you get from those lamps? How much of the dancefloor can you lit with your 3-light kit? How long does the battery last for? Do you have any sample vid from reception while those lights are one? I'm curious about such setup as well and would love to hear more details. Thanks.

Joel Peregrine January 23rd, 2009 12:20 AM

Hi Lukas,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukas Siewior (Post 999359)
Let me ask you Joel, how much light do you get from those lamps?

I normally use two on the dance floor and have a third in reserve to use for roving, like cake cutting or shots of decoration. Two 75 watt bulbs on 13 ft stands gives me a good image at 6db with a Canon XHA1. On bigger dance floors I'll use the third light if there is a safe place for it to stand. Normally two book-end the head table and the DJ or band.

Quote:

How much of the dancefloor can you lit with your 3-light kit?

With two a normal sized dance floor is no problem but for larger floors three is ideal. I will move them to highlight different parts of the hall.

Quote:

How long does the battery last for?

They've never run out.

Quote:

Do you have any sample vid from reception while those lights are one?

Dance floor shots in any clip labelled 'HD' on my site show the lights. Most of them have at least a few shots from the reception.

Same Day Edit HD Wedding Videographer-Milwaukee Wisconsin Nationwide

Steve Shovlar January 23rd, 2009 04:36 AM

Dedolights. Perfect choice for easily portable, highly useful, super quality lighting kit.
Creative Video CVP Dedolight Kit 3ADV-24 - Advanced professional 24V/150w 3 head Lighting Kit c/w stands, dimmers, case etc..

Yang Wen January 23rd, 2009 09:34 AM

Yikes.. all of these lights are too big..

Anyone out there make a low-cost alternative to the large litepanels LED lights?