wedding website templates at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:30 AM   #1
Inner Circle

wedding website templates

There's a wedding website template service around here somewhere, anyone have the link? They're quite nice, for displaying pics and vids online.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:32 AM   #2
Major Player

what about this i am making my blog up from there template very professional and you can customize it however you like you don't even need a website to build it

ProPhoto2 Blog Theme A Super-Theme for Pro Photographers
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:48 AM   #3
Major Player

Are you thinking of Blu Domain?

There are tons of website template company's out there, but Blu Domain is targeted to photographers and also has the option to add on video so that could be what you're thinking of.
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:47 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hello,

The one that was in this forum a while back is specifically for weddings and is very nicely done though it's not cheap.

I think around 300 bucks each.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Major Player

instead of paid services I'd recommend doing it yourself. Find decent hosting service and install Word Press software which is used for blogging. Some companies offer it already preinstalled. Then you can download free template from WP. And you're ready to go. WP supports pics and vid galleries as well as automated embeding from most vid and pic sites.

To have it all setup and running it'll take you one afternoon.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Craggs View Post
Are you thinking of Blu Domain?

There are tons of website template company's out there, but Blu Domain is targeted to photographers and also has the option to add on video so that could be what you're thinking of.
Yes and very customizable except i am having issues loading videos at the moment.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:15 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bec View Post
Yes and very customizable except i am having issues loading videos at the moment.
I am curious as to what problems you are having... as I was planning to purchase one of these sites.
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM   #8
Major Player

You should do a bit of research on Blu Domain before you buy from them. I know a few people who have used them with MAJOR issues.

Apparently they crash websites ALL the time. My neighbor not only had hers crash repeatedly (meaning it was not viewable by clients for HOURS) but on one crash they lost ALL her content and she had to rebuild from scratch. Website was gone for a week.

She started digging around and apparently it's pretty common. The company handles it by giving you a credit for the value of the template you had. That's it you have to start from scratch like it never existed!
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:05 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss View Post
You should do a bit of research on Blu Domain before you buy from them. I know a few people who have used them with MAJOR issues.

Apparently they crash websites ALL the time. My neighbor not only had hers crash repeatedly (meaning it was not viewable by clients for HOURS) but on one crash they lost ALL her content and she had to rebuild from scratch. Website was gone for a week.

She started digging around and apparently it's pretty common. The company handles it by giving you a credit for the value of the template you had. That's it you have to start from scratch like it never existed!
They don't host my site i just downloaded word press brought the prophoto template everything is on my server
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Brennan View Post
I am curious as to what problems you are having... as I was planning to purchase one of these sites.
this is what i get HTTP error.An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

I have to talk to my web developer
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bec View Post
They don't host my site i just downloaded word press brought the prophoto template everything is on my server
This is what I decided to do. I am purchasing the layout and hosting elsewhere. I love my host and do my own design anyway, so give me the template and I'll be off and running (I hope). I may be back to you to get more info on your video error...
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:15 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Hi,

You can always have your Blu site hosted elsewhere.I had my blu site hosted at godaddy with no issues at all.

Ryan
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:21 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Is it the hosting that's bad or something in their templates? They have nice stuff.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:35 PM   #14
Regular Crew

It's the hosting....But I've been with them for a couple of years now and had a total of one day down.While it was down they set up a temp splash page.I guess you just have to take some chances unless you'd like to spend $10,000 for a site:)
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM   #15
Major Player

My website just went down due to a code being in the wrong spot now i don't know if it's my fault but my programmer is coming back next week i guess i will find out what went wrong

Lets hope it was my web designers fault otherwise it's gonna cost me $$

I will post back when i find out what happened with my site and video downloads.
Robert Bec is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques