DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   wedding website templates (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/142178-wedding-website-templates.html)

Brian Luce January 23rd, 2009 04:30 AM

wedding website templates

There's a wedding website template service around here somewhere, anyone have the link? They're quite nice, for displaying pics and vids online.

Robert Bec January 23rd, 2009 05:32 AM

what about this i am making my blog up from there template very professional and you can customize it however you like you don't even need a website to build it

ProPhoto2 Blog Theme A Super-Theme for Pro Photographers

Matthew Craggs January 23rd, 2009 07:48 AM

Are you thinking of Blu Domain?

There are tons of website template company's out there, but Blu Domain is targeted to photographers and also has the option to add on video so that could be what you're thinking of.

Brian Luce January 23rd, 2009 11:47 AM

Hello,

The one that was in this forum a while back is specifically for weddings and is very nicely done though it's not cheap.

I think around 300 bucks each.

Lukas Siewior January 23rd, 2009 01:43 PM

instead of paid services I'd recommend doing it yourself. Find decent hosting service and install Word Press software which is used for blogging. Some companies offer it already preinstalled. Then you can download free template from WP. And you're ready to go. WP supports pics and vid galleries as well as automated embeding from most vid and pic sites.

To have it all setup and running it'll take you one afternoon.

Robert Bec January 23rd, 2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Craggs (Post 999531)
Are you thinking of Blu Domain?

There are tons of website template company's out there, but Blu Domain is targeted to photographers and also has the option to add on video so that could be what you're thinking of.

Yes and very customizable except i am having issues loading videos at the moment.

Dawn Brennan January 23rd, 2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bec (Post 999779)
Yes and very customizable except i am having issues loading videos at the moment.

I am curious as to what problems you are having... as I was planning to purchase one of these sites.

Kelsey Emuss January 23rd, 2009 05:00 PM

You should do a bit of research on Blu Domain before you buy from them. I know a few people who have used them with MAJOR issues.

Apparently they crash websites ALL the time. My neighbor not only had hers crash repeatedly (meaning it was not viewable by clients for HOURS) but on one crash they lost ALL her content and she had to rebuild from scratch. Website was gone for a week.

She started digging around and apparently it's pretty common. The company handles it by giving you a credit for the value of the template you had. That's it you have to start from scratch like it never existed!

Robert Bec January 23rd, 2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss (Post 999897)
You should do a bit of research on Blu Domain before you buy from them. I know a few people who have used them with MAJOR issues.

Apparently they crash websites ALL the time. My neighbor not only had hers crash repeatedly (meaning it was not viewable by clients for HOURS) but on one crash they lost ALL her content and she had to rebuild from scratch. Website was gone for a week.

She started digging around and apparently it's pretty common. The company handles it by giving you a credit for the value of the template you had. That's it you have to start from scratch like it never existed!

They don't host my site i just downloaded word press brought the prophoto template everything is on my server

Robert Bec January 23rd, 2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn Brennan (Post 999830)
I am curious as to what problems you are having... as I was planning to purchase one of these sites.

this is what i get HTTP error.An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

I have to talk to my web developer

Dawn Brennan January 23rd, 2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bec (Post 999901)
They don't host my site i just downloaded word press brought the prophoto template everything is on my server

This is what I decided to do. I am purchasing the layout and hosting elsewhere. I love my host and do my own design anyway, so give me the template and I'll be off and running (I hope). I may be back to you to get more info on your video error...

Ryan Morey January 23rd, 2009 05:15 PM

Hi,

You can always have your Blu site hosted elsewhere.I had my blu site hosted at godaddy with no issues at all.

Ryan

Brian Luce January 23rd, 2009 05:21 PM

Is it the hosting that's bad or something in their templates? They have nice stuff.

Ryan Morey January 23rd, 2009 05:35 PM

It's the hosting....But I've been with them for a couple of years now and had a total of one day down.While it was down they set up a temp splash page.I guess you just have to take some chances unless you'd like to spend $10,000 for a site:)

Robert Bec January 23rd, 2009 07:27 PM

My website just went down due to a code being in the wrong spot now i don't know if it's my fault but my programmer is coming back next week i guess i will find out what went wrong

Lets hope it was my web designers fault otherwise it's gonna cost me $$

I will post back when i find out what happened with my site and video downloads.