Bridal Leads? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bridal Leads?

Okay, so you do the show, meet the brides, get the list of leads a week later... what do you do with them?

I have tried in the past sending out postcards to certain brides (based on date, ect), but have have no bites. What do you do with them. This specific list of leads doesn't do emails, so just address and phone numbers for contacing them. Any suggestions? I am just brainstorming, but figure this might help others in this tough ecomonmy.
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Dawn,

Well the whole no email thing really stinks.Almost every lead list I've ever gotten has had the email address well at least most brides gave their email.They just gave you addresses? If that's the case I would put together a cool little package to send out to each prospective client.It doesn't have to be anything major.Maybe just a mini brag book and studio info.You could also put a promotional offer in there and tell them that is only being offered to bridal show clients.Anything to make yourself stand out.I'm not sure if this has helped but it's worked for me in the past.I'm sponsoring a bridal show here in Atlantic city in march.I plan to give away something to one lucky bride.The catch is that they have to fill out an info card to be eligible....email,address home address,phone number.That way it's easy to keep in touch.Food for thought.Good luck!

Ryan
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Oh almost forgot.....if you have phone numbers just start making calls.That's always been the most productive thing for me percentages wise.just 2 more of my cents.

Ryan
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Regular Crew

phone calls

I would personally do the phone calls first, try to find the brides that are interested in video or on the fence at least. The percentage of brides that are interested in video is pretty small, so if you have a list of say 300 brides, probably 30-40 are interested in having a video. You could spend a lot of money mailing to ALL of them on the list. If you get a chance to talk to them on the phone, find which ones are going to be potential leads, then send a mailer to them if you will be sending them something that can't be viewed on your website, like demo, special info, etc. Regardless, give them the information that will help sell yourself the best.
It does stink that you don't have the e-mail addresses. The show's that I have done here in maine give you an excel file of names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and what the brides interests are for services like photography, DJ's, video, etc. So you can target the specific brides that are interested in your category. Works pretty slick.
Josh Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Guys,

I think I'm in a little bit of a different situation since we are photographers as well.I think about 99.999% of brides want pics and your right about 30% of them want video.We should definitely work on changing that though.Video is just amazing and a much better way of storytelling.The combo of both is really something special.

Ryan
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Video

Your right Ryan, video is such an amazing piece to for the bride and groom, and we should change the way brides and grooms look at getting a video. Ones that are on the fence or weren't really sure if they should get one all come back pleasantly surprised and say it is one of, if not their favorite keepsake of the day. I'm starting to film more and more that don't even have a photographer. It seems in some cases they look at photography the same way video was looked at years back (I'll just have uncle Jack do it) and get the other professionally done. Lucky for me their family has had good still cameras and they chose to get the video professionally done. I don't know if this is a growing trend or not?
Josh Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hey Josh,

I've been really pushing the video lately and people are getting pretty exciting around here.It seems like I just have to throw a few really cool ideas and they get it.I definitely think it is a growing trend.We can cross our collective fingers and push full steam ahead!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques