What is your wedding 'dream song'? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Major Player

What is your wedding 'dream song'?

Hi all,

first, my definition of 'dream song'.

'Dream song' is a song that you love it very much. You think it is perfect for some wedding video but yet you haven't use that song. Maybe you are waiting for a special wedding the match the song, or you think you are not able to handle the song yet. You think you may ruin that dream song.

So, here is two of my dream song

Your song(Moulin Rogue Ver.)
I think this is a perfect song for song epic wedding. However, I haven't come across with such a wedding yet. I may use it later as a company demo.

Aerosmith - I don't want to miss a thing
My favorite epic love song. I think as a editor, I am not good enough to handle that song yet.
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Oh man, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. I believe aerosmith's don't want to miss a thing should be outright banned from all use in wedding video's, only coming a close second to beautiful day by U2. Maybe I'm just biased because our studio let's the couples decide the music and that aerosmith song and beautiful day end up in about 60% of the videos I end up editing. I shudder when I see either those songs on the music selection list, and if I ever encounter Steven Tyler or Bono on the street I don't know if I'll be able to hold myself back. Anyway, enough ranting I have to get back to editing a highlights montage to beautiful day for the gazillionth while trying not to hang myself in the process. Happy editing everyone!
Jaron Tauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Siu, I dislike the Aerosmith song, cant stand it.

I love your save the date video, even though I don't like that song either (it's really tired). Really cute video...great work!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #4
Major Player

'More' by Matthew West. I've used it before though and it makes for a pretty good closer.
Blake Cavett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Siu, I dislike the Aerosmith song, cant stand it.

I love your save the date video, even though I don't like that song either (it's really tired). Really cute video...great work!
the Asian couple save the date video?
Old January 30th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Yes, I love the M and m thing. The song really works for your clip, which is why I like it so much, I guess. I also particularly like a couple of your shots. Just works for me.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 08:11 AM   #7
Major Player

I have a Recap video coming up soon that will be edited to "One" by U2. It will be a nice break from the "At Lasts" and the soon to be added to the list "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz.
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:49 AM   #8
Regular Crew

"She" by David Thiele for bridal prep. What makes this a dream is that not only is it an infectious little bit of pop confection, but David is an unsigned artist with no publishing deal. If you send him a nice email, he'll probably let you use the song all legal like. He is starting to get quite a bit of attention in LA so that may not be the case anymore.

As is probably known, I have a real disdain for the use of copyrighted music without securing rights. That being said, there are literally thousands of unsigned artists without publishing deals that would be flattered if you asked them to use a song of theirs in one of your productions. Sure it takes a bit of time to find them, but spend an hour or two on CDBaby and you might be pleasantly surprised.
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM   #9
Major Player

Invincible - Muse
Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
Heartbeats - The Knife
We're in this together Now - NIN
Alive with the Glory of Love - Say Anything
Busy Child - The Crystal Method
Right Here, Right Now - Fatboy Slim
Hallelujah - LoFidelity Allstars

These would take very special couples.
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:40 PM   #10
Major Player

I tried to use 'Hallelujah' in one of my wedding but it didn't work for me. I think the song is a bit sad in terms of mood and feeling. I end up using 'She' for that wedding.
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:45 PM   #11
Major Player

'She' by Radial Angel
Old February 2nd, 2009, 02:05 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I'd love to do a highlight video to Billy Idol's White Wedding, I just need the right couple.

I also like First Day of Your Life by Bright eyes
Greg Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:02 PM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Haensler View Post
As is probably known, I have a real disdain for the use of copyrighted music without securing rights. That being said, there are literally thousands of unsigned artists without publishing deals that would be flattered if you asked them to use a song of theirs in one of your productions. Sure it takes a bit of time to find them, but spend an hour or two on CDBaby and you might be pleasantly surprised.
Mick,

thanks for the tip on CDBaby - it's a great site
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:14 PM   #14
Regular Crew

One day I'd like to make a wedding video to November Rain by Guns N Roses, similar to its music video counterpart. Best man walking outside of the church doing a guitar solo and everything. Okay maybe not that, hehe. And maybe cut out the last part where the music video has a funeral scene :p
Chris Estrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:26 AM   #15
Major Player

maps - yeah yeah yeahs
histrionics - popsicle
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques