DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Inkjet Printable DVD's, what brand? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/142944-inkjet-printable-dvds-what-brand.html)

Denny Kyser February 2nd, 2009 10:34 PM

Inkjet Printable DVD's, what brand?

I want to get the best quality DVD's I can get for my customers, but they need to be inkjet printable.

What do you recomend?

Chris Davis February 2nd, 2009 10:42 PM

Taiyo Yuden Watershield or Disc Makers Ultra Hydroshield (they're both the same disk.) Hands down the best I've ever used. I'll use nothing else.

Buying direct from Disc Makers seems to be the best price.

Denny Kyser February 2nd, 2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Davis (Post 1005641)
Taiyo Yuden Watershield or Disc Makers Ultra Hydroshield (they're both the same disk.) Hands down the best I've ever used. I'll use nothing else.

Buying direct from Disc Makers seems to be the best price.

Is this what your talking about
Newegg.com - TAIYO YUDEN 4.7GB 8X DVD-R Inkjet Printable 100 Packs Shrink Wrap Disc - CD / DVD Media

Bryan Daugherty February 2nd, 2009 10:47 PM

Has anyone ever seen a Taiyo Yuden Watershield Inkjet Hub Printable in silver? I have run searches and haven't found any. I really like my TDK Silver inkjet hub printable discs but the print surface is very fragile...

Chris Davis February 2nd, 2009 10:48 PM

No, this is what I'm talking about: Disc Makers Ultra HydroShield 16x

The link you provided is Taiyo Yuden, and is a fine disk, but it's not a Watershield.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Daugherty (Post 1005645)
Has anyone ever seen a Taiyo Yuden Watershield Inkjet Hub Printable in silver? I have run searches and haven't found any.

I've seen TY Watershield Silver CD-R, but not DVD-R. Since the CD-Rs are out, the DVD-Rs can't be far behind.

Edward Carlson February 2nd, 2009 11:20 PM

Order Taiyo Yuden DVD-R, 16x Silver Inkjet, Tape Wrap, No Stacking Ring, (Hub Printable) at MediaSupply.com

I haven't used the silver printable, but I have heard that they scratch easier than white ones. Also water will be a problem, unlike with the watershield.

Denny Kyser February 2nd, 2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Davis (Post 1005646)
No, this is what I'm talking about: Disc Makers Ultra HydroShield 16x

Thanks, will order some in the morning.

Bryan Daugherty February 2nd, 2009 11:29 PM

Hunting the white stag...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Carlson (Post 1005659)
Order Taiyo Yuden DVD-R, 16x Silver Inkjet, Tape Wrap, No Stacking Ring, (Hub Printable) at MediaSupply.com

I haven't used the silver printable, but I have heard that they scratch easier than white ones. Also water will be a problem, unlike with the watershield.

Edward, thanks i have seen those but i don't think the surface will be any more reliable than my TDK's....

Silver watershield's? Anybody seen them? Do they exist?

Eric Darling February 3rd, 2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny Kyser (Post 1005637)
I want to get the best quality DVD's I can get for my customers, but they need to be inkjet printable.

What do you recomend?

The original post starting this thread ^^

My vote would be for Taiyo Yuden. Even the Value line is very reliable - very few coasters, near total compatibility. I'm not the biggest fan of their printing surfaces (always look milky to me), but, they're good enough on the PrintFactory 2.

Tripp Woelfel February 3rd, 2009 07:15 AM

Another option are the Verbatim | DVD-R 4.76GB 16X Printable DataLifePlus.

After burning over 300 disks and zero coasters, I'm a fan.

From what I have heard the TY Watershield printable surface yields a more vivid image than the Verbatim. However, neither my clients nor I have any complaint about how they look.

Having not used the TY, I cannot make a definitive assessment on the differences.

Denny Kyser February 3rd, 2009 07:49 AM

Thanks for the help, I just ordered 200 Taiyo Yuden Watershield DVD Blanks with White Inkjet Hub Printable Surface. I will let you know what I think in a few days.

Denny

Chris Estrella February 3rd, 2009 06:17 PM

I printed on my first set of Taiyo Yuden watershield DVD's and the results were very nice (although nothing heavy to print). It felt like I could scratch it off, still didn't feel like a retail movie DVD or anything, but I didn't expect that. But still, I recommend them although they're like 1.5x the price and half the quantity than regular inkjet printable discs by TY(where I get them from, anyway)

Steve Sherrick February 3rd, 2009 09:41 PM

TY followed by Verbatim. TY have had the most consistency and very few problems. Verbatim perhaps a few more problems but overall very reliable. Memorex...well stick with the other two choices in whatever flavors you need and you should be fine.

Luke Oliver February 9th, 2009 10:11 AM

re

are these all glossy DVDs my epson r800 leaves horrible roller marks on the Ty watershield

any ideas??