DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Trading Countries (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/143001-trading-countries.html)

Nicholas de Kock February 3rd, 2009 06:32 PM

Trading Countries

I'm based in South Africa and always amazed at the beautiful architecture in locations such as Europe/US, we have no snow either. I would catch myself dreaming about shooting in some of those location, then I go out and shoot a local wedding with Rhinos, Giraffes, wild animals just meters away from the B&G in the background of the video in wide open fields. This got me thinking I'm guessing there are probably many dreaming they could shoot a wedding in Africa, the irony :)

Concept, wouldn't it be great if it was possible to trade out countries. One would trade a local wedding to a foreigner for the same privilege. You have a holiday and work at the same time, have equipment and transport supplied, all you do is get on a plane and shoot a wedding. Of course the quality will have to be of equal standard, it's would be cool though.

John Moon February 16th, 2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas de Kock (Post 1006117)
I'm based in South Africa and always amazed at the beautiful architecture in locations such as Europe/US, we have no snow either. I would catch myself dreaming about shooting in some of those location, then I go out and shoot a local wedding with Rhinos, Giraffes, wild animals just meters away from the B&G in the background of the video in wide open fields. This got me thinking I'm guessing there are probably many dreaming they could shoot a wedding in Africa, the irony :)

Concept, wouldn't it be great if it was possible to trade out countries. One would trade a local wedding to a foreigner for the same privilege. You have a holiday and work at the same time, have equipment and transport supplied, all you do is get on a plane and shoot a wedding. Of course the quality will have to be of equal standard, it's would be cool though.

Interesting concept. How about you come to the US and second shoot at a cool place and you invite someone to second shoot with you.

How about we come second shoot with you and shoot some Super 8 or 16mm film? :)

Carl Wilky February 16th, 2009 10:24 AM

I like that idea a lot. Not only does one gain international experience but you also broaden your portfolio which would amaze the locals of you market.

If you want snow, well we HAVE snow here, and lots of it too. Architecturally speaking Montreal is a mix of both European and north American style which is an excellent blank canvas to work with. If you are interested i do have a March wedding and we will still have snow then. I would gladly host you and have you as second shooter.

Drop me a PM and we can take it from there Nicholas

Josh Swan February 16th, 2009 10:30 AM

That is a very interesting concept, and sounds very appealing. I shoot lots of coastal weddings here in maine if you ever decide to take a trip here to the US, I'll gladly accommodate you.