DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Anyone ever done a 3D wedding? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/143227-anyone-ever-done-3d-wedding.html)

Steve Shovlar February 6th, 2009 03:11 PM

Anyone ever done a 3D wedding?

A novel idea I know but what about doing a short bit of a wedding film in 3D? I am not talking about the ceremony or anything important, but perhaps some of the reception and dancefloor fun and interviews/messages of goodwill. Include it as a bonus feature with a couple of pairs of 3D glasses thrown in which sell all over the place inc Ebay.

I think its fairly easy to do. get two identical cameras, set about 2 and a half inches apart (have to make your own plate which is very easy to do)

Thoughts? Or is it just a bonkers idea?

Travis Cossel February 6th, 2009 04:27 PM

I don't know how the process works, but I'm guessing there's more to it than just setting two cameras apart. I think it's a novel idea, but from a business standpoint I don't think you'll get paid for your time and effort. Not saying that's the end-all, but keep it in mind.

Steve Shovlar February 6th, 2009 05:02 PM

YouTube - Make a 3D Movie, 4 Minute Film School : Indy Mogul

Gives a simple discription of how its done in FCP

Travis Cossel February 6th, 2009 05:37 PM

Nice. Like I said, it's a novel idea. Could be cool for a "pre wedding video" to be shown at the reception.

Dennis Murphy February 6th, 2009 05:37 PM

I don't thinks it's a dumb idea. I've got two XHA1's, and I've often thought of trying the 3D thing.
It could be good bragging rights on a website: "first 3D wedding".

Michael Gebben February 6th, 2009 05:49 PM

We would actually like to consider ourselves the first to have shot multiple weddings in 3D (not in their entirety, just parts of the day). We actually did tests for the first time back in 2006. We will have a HD highlight from the multiple weddings available on vimeo sometime next week! Just noticed this post and don't have time to post much more. FUN FUN!!

Alec Moreno February 7th, 2009 12:18 AM

I shot a football game in 3D using two Sony Z1s. The HD version looks astoundingly great, and although I'm happy with the SD version, its quality is nowhere close in comparison. Personally, I would not bother with a 3D wedding unless I'm the couple had opted for HD delivery...of course the two would simply be part of the same "3D Package" if I were to do that.

Alec Moreno
http://www.1Day1ShotProductions.com

Giroud Francois February 7th, 2009 03:46 AM

there is a lens addon (Nu-View) that allows to shoot 3d. it should work nicely on an HV20 for example. it is very cheap and allows you to shoot as usually.
I used it few years ago, and it worked very well. but the needs for such gadget is really difficult to justify.

Steve Shovlar February 7th, 2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Gebben (Post 1007907)
We would actually like to consider ourselves the first to have shot multiple weddings in 3D (not in their entirety, just parts of the day). We actually did tests for the first time back in 2006. We will have a HD highlight from the multiple weddings available on vimeo sometime next week! Just noticed this post and don't have time to post much more. FUN FUN!!

Stick it up asap and lets have a look. The only thing that greats s the two colour ( red and cyan).

How do they film it in colour 3d like the recent horror movie on general release, My Bloody Valentine?

Basically I would film the wdding as per normal, but have a second cameraman with the two small handycams filming the 3d version. Obviously it would cost the couple a fair chunk extra and the edit would only be 30 mns max to show the 3d effect at its best.

But what a cool thing to have on your sample dvd/website. The fun factor alone could mean a few guys would be keen on getting it done.

Richard Wakefield February 7th, 2009 06:28 AM

Steve: check out this thread for some answers: 3d - DVdoctor.community

Stelios Christofides February 7th, 2009 11:40 AM

Where can you buy descent 3D glasses not the stupid paper ones?

Stelios

Steve Shovlar February 7th, 2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1008230)
Where can you buy descent 3D glasses not the stupid paper ones?

Stelios

There's a load of quality ones on ebay.