Wedding Aberdeen Website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 17th, 2009, 06:19 AM   #1
New Boot

Wedding Aberdeen Website

Hi guys/girls

I've just created a new website for my friends new wedding video business. He has been producing wedding videos in aberdeen for around five years. However he has only done this on a casual basis renting the camera's and equipment or borrowing form friends.

Anyway we've decided to take the plunge and purchase our own camera equipment. We are going to work together, he'll film and I'll edit. This should hopfully keep our friendship intact and if one of us decides to pack it in then there is still a viable business fo rthe other.

I'd appriaciate it if you could visit our website for suggestions Wedding Aberdeen

Also here is our purchase list so far. Comments on what else we would need audio wise.

Canon XHA1
Canon HV30 (for wides, secondary cam)
Vinten Pro 6 Tripod

Edit software Avid Media Composser
After Effects/Encore

If anyone has useful infomration on music licenseing in the UK as I believe we have to purchase a license to use copyright music on wedding videos.

To many questions!!!
Scott Millar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

OK - I have a question! Are you "your day productions" or "Aberdeen Wedding Video & DVD"?

The reason I ask is that the video samples say Your Day Production while the website is Aberdeen Wedding. This might Confuss clients or even make them think they are watching someone else's work. I would stick with one name, and use it!

Other than that the videos arent bad, I would like the hear sounds from the day mixed into the video (just my 2-cents worth).
Old March 17th, 2009, 07:35 AM   #3
New Boot

We are Your Day Productions however it's all about the keywords and what possibile clients wil be using to search on google ;) That's why our top keywords are the highlighted in bold. You'll find google picks them up and rank us higher for them.

If anyone else has a wedding website and needs a few tips on google optimisation get it touch.
Scott Millar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I am also new in the business...but when I asked what kind of equipment I was going to need to the forum users (this was posted on the Vegas forum, not here) they responded with:

Audiowise:

1) a good wireless microphone set (recommended the Senneheiser G2 500 series) - to put on Groom)
2) Minidisk or MP3 recorder with a giant squid mic to put on officiant
3) If live band, set the MP3 recorder in front of that
4) Shotgun mic on Camera

Videowise:

2 Camcorders - Primary and stationary (backup) which you already have taken care of

Lighting:

I'm still looking for an answer on this one.

So I hope this helps. Like I said, I'm also very new to the business and if I missed something or got something wrong, please correct me. I'm just passing on what I was told. :) Good luck!
Leslie Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:28 AM   #5
Major Player

Lighting. Get a set of dedolights. Can't go wrong. Light and bright.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 04:22 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Millar View Post
I'd appriaciate it if you could visit our website for suggestions [url=http://www.weddingvideoaberdeen.co.uk]Wedding Aberdeen
You say, 'Part of our Diamond Package record Your Day online. This service is also avaialble seperatley from our video production.'

It would be better if spellings were checked throughout the site: This service is also avaialble separately from our video production.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques