Camera case question... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM   #1
Major Player

Camera case question...

I need a good camera case for 2 HMC150s and some misc equipment, but I have no clue what to get. Here in cincy, there's really nowhere to go look at cases to see what would work, so I thought I would ask on here.

I'd really like a hard case with wheels and a telescoping handle, but if not, no big deal. I'll be using this primarily for weddings. My budget is about $250, but flexible if need be. At a minimum, though, it needs to hold 2 cameras and camera accessories, including batteries, charger, misc lens adapters, and other small stuff, like cleaning accessories.

I'm torn between having a smaller case for just cameras and accessories with lighting/audio in separate cases, or a huge case that would hold EVERYTHING including audio and lighting. What do you all think? Would you all recommend carrying each camera in a separate case?

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Major Player

I bought a large pelican case with wheels for 200$ at a place called calumet in phili.

It easily holds my DVX100 my super 8, tripod, extra batteries, dof adapter, and other stuff...

It has the cutouts where you can custom fit everything. Its probably been one of my best purchases yet, and for the price it couldn't be beat.

I'm pretty sure it would fit your two HMC's plus some other stuff.

It's basically calumets brand. It's not an official pelican case. I use pelican cases at work and the one I have compares to them in quality on every level.

Here's the link if your interested http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/RM2465/

steve

Last edited by Stephen J. Williams; April 12th, 2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: link add on
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques