How much do you charge for Blu-Ray disc's at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Trustee

How much do you charge for Blu-Ray disc's

How much do you charge for Blu-Ray disc's.

I have a client that wants the Blu-Ray option and I'n not sure how much to charge for this service.

Any advice.

Regards
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Blu-Ray

We offer it free in our packages.
Walt Paluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I think Walt's rightly ahead of the curve here since we'll all be offering HD as standard practice at some point. I'm not there yet, but I'm considering building it into the price of my packages in the near future. For now, I'm charging $200, which is down from the $300 I was charging last year.

Last year $150 was a typical amount to charge another videographer for a transfer to Blu-ray. These days, the price of Blu-ray is wildly different from place to place.

Alec Moreno
http://www.1Day1ShotProductions.com
Alec Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Blu Ray

Last year Blank Blu-ray disks were about $25 bucks
This year I just bought them for 8 Bucks. If I would have purchased 25 the cost was 6 dollars each.

I just did a DVD on Blu Ray and the SD looks like VHS, the Blu-Ray is unreal. I wont be producing anything but Blu-Ray unless the customer ask for SD.

Quick thought, remember when you got your first HI 8 Cam, the your Mini Tape.
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Major Player

We charge $250 for the Blu Ray package as an add-on. That is for only 1 Blu Ray disc. If the want extra copies, we charge them $25 each. I think I'm paying in the $17 range for each disc. I burn a bad disc every10-15 burns. That makes up for the loss of discs.
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Blu-Ray pricing best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Dyle View Post
We charge $250 for the Blu Ray package as an add-on. That is for only 1 Blu Ray disc. If the want extra copies, we charge them $25 each. I think I'm paying in the $17 range for each disc. I burn a bad disc every10-15 burns. That makes up for the loss of discs.
Best price on the web here use them all the time very good company

Memorex 97854 Blu-ray Write Once 4X 25GB BD-R Single Layer Media in Cake Box
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #7
Trustee

I think BR dics are about $25-$30 here in Sydney.
I was thinking as the edit will be in 1080/25p it's just another render but then again i'm using FCS so going to BR is a problem.

I was thinking around the $150 - $200 for one Br disc with extras @ a few dollars over my cost.

Regards
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #8
New Boot

I'm charging $250 for my BluRay package. I'm charging not only for the media, but the extra render time as well. Basically my Mac's out of commission for 3 or 4 hours (beyond a typical SD render) when it comes time to render the disc. That's time lost for me.

Steve Pustay
Steven Pustay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #9
Trustee

This year, nearly everything I do will be in HD. I'm doing some fairly fancy 30 second spots for a local business to be broadcast on local stations and cable systems. Since none of these outlets currently air HD spots, they'll be downconverted to SD. However, they'll be using them for Web promotion too, so HD is good there. With HD now being a standard workflow here, I don't charge any more to produce in HD. Media delivery is another issue since the cost delta between DVD and BD is significant. One or two BDs are included. More than that cost extra. As BD prices drop, that will eventually disappear for me.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:07 AM   #10
Major Player

I charge $50 extra for the disc right now. Lots of interest in my area for this option. Thinking next year the price will go down to $25 for the BD disc version. We'll see, next year is still a year away :)
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #11
Major Player

The BR dise is about 30NZD(15USD) is NZ and it was included with our package and $100NZD($50USD) for extra disk.

There was quite a few couple interested as we advertised "you may not have a BR player now, But you will have one in the future, just like you are having a DVD player now"
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:46 PM   #12
Inner Circle

I charged an addition of $300 to $600 depends on the number of hours in the contract. I always shoot in HD, edit in HD, then export to DVD and H.264 BD. Even the client didn't pick HD at the beginning, I can always upsell them after the wedding.
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:49 PM   #13
Inner Circle

This is the blank BD disc I bought. $8 a disc. not bad

Amazon.com: verbatim bluray inkjet

It's inkjet printable.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques