DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Music Question (No, not that kind of a music question) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/236393-music-question-no-not-kind-music-question.html)

William Smyth May 30th, 2009 08:19 AM

Music Question (No, not that kind of a music question)

I'm putting together a video for a kid that just became an Eagle Scout. I wanted to give him a "highlight" video of the day and and trying to find a song that's upbeat and patriotic. I'm not having any luck finding any that have the right tone. Any suggestions?

Disclaimer: The video is for personal use only, no copyright issues.

Jason Robinson May 30th, 2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Smyth (Post 1150789)
Disclaimer: The video is for personal use only, no copyright issues.

(Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but...)

It doesn't matter if it is personal or otherwise. ALL use of a copyrighted music synched to video is illegal in the USA. Period. Sorry to burst your bubble, rain on your parade, (choose your analogy).

The only 100% legal solution (yes even for personal use) is to use stock music or music generation software like Cinescore or Sonic Fire Pro, etc.

Susanto Widjaja May 30th, 2009 07:14 PM

What I can think of on top of my head is sigur ros - hoppiola (if im not mistaken)

its sort of heroic in terms of romance feel. i think it will work for you.

or even staralfur (again, mind the spelling)

John Knight May 30th, 2009 07:48 PM

Ignore Jason - nobody will sue you for this.... ever. Just do it. I do. And can confirm it's 100% fun!

I suggest "Eye of the Tiger" - Rocky theme.

William Smyth May 31st, 2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson (Post 1151029)
(Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but...)

It doesn't matter if it is personal or otherwise. ALL use of a copyrighted music synched to video is illegal in the USA. Period. Sorry to burst your bubble, rain on your parade, (choose your analogy).

The only 100% legal solution (yes even for personal use) is to use stock music or music generation software like Cinescore or Sonic Fire Pro, etc.

Exactly what I didn't want to get into on this thread. That's what the while title was meant. I'm so sick of the pissing matches on here about music rights. Chris, can you please delete this thread. Thanks, Jason.

BTW, thanks to everyone else for their suggestions, they are much appreciated.

Jason Robinson May 31st, 2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Smyth (Post 1151189)
Exactly what I didn't want to get into on this thread. That's what the while title was meant. I'm so sick of the pissing matches on here about music rights. Chris, can you please delete this thread. Thanks, Jason.

BTW, thanks to everyone else for their suggestions, they are much appreciated.

My comments was only to act before a few of the IP laywer folks / music industry folks jump into the thread (which they are known to do). A 5 second glance at my web site and demo videos will reveal where I stand on this issue.