DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Did I really do that? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/237714-did-i-really-do.html)

Paul Mailath June 21st, 2009 06:17 AM

Did I really do that?

I spent today at a wedding expo and was approached by the organisers to shoot some footage. Since my main camera was set up in the display I grabbed my HV30 & Merlin and offf I went. Now I just got the HV30 and haven't really played with it at all and I struggled to balence in on the Merlin but made do.

When I got home I checked the footage to find the date & time recorded in the bottom right hand corner (waits for laughing to subside).

what the hell do I do now?

Paul Kellett June 21st, 2009 06:46 AM

You could overlay your logo/company name.

Paul.

Susanto Widjaja June 21st, 2009 07:49 AM

or made a 2.35 ratio out of it by cropping the top and bottom

Santo

Stephen J. Williams June 21st, 2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1161437)
or made a 2.35 ratio out of it by cropping the top and bottom

Santo

This would probably be your best bet...

Jason Magbanua June 21st, 2009 09:22 AM

you sure it's recorded and not just displayed?

David Schuurman June 21st, 2009 02:46 PM

I have an HV30 and have never had time and date stamped into my footage.

If that is the case with your footage then why not just drop it into a 720p timeline and adjust until it's gone.

Nicholas de Kock June 21st, 2009 04:33 PM

lol, I hate slip-ups!!! The date/time is classic, muhaha! Sorry if it makes you feel any better even the pro's screw up every now and again. You're going to have to crop and if they ask you why just say it looks more cinematic that way. I forgot to press the record button twice last week, that's even worse! I got nothing to work with!

Giroud Francois June 21st, 2009 04:38 PM

Virtualdub has some filter to remove this, it is not perfect, but with an additional logo, it should be ok

Paul Mailath June 21st, 2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Magbanua (Post 1161465)
you sure it's recorded and not just displayed?

...... yes allright - you'll have to forgive a tired old man - I was buggered last night and when I read your post this morning I thought I'd check - Gee I plugged the camera into the HDMI port straight into the monitor ... and no it's not recorded on tape (but there is some really nice models in lingerie on the catwalk - I didn't even notice that last night).

(slinks away embarrased about not checking that before he posted but secretely pleased that he didn't stuff up the footage.. cue sounds of snoring)

Nicholas de Kock June 21st, 2009 05:29 PM

You're a lucky old man! Glad it all worked out, crises averted, send some footage of the lingerie models when you're done ;)

Jason Magbanua June 21st, 2009 07:23 PM

Great!

correct me if I'm wrong but the new DV cameras don't have any option of recording the timestamp like they did in good ol' V8 and VHS.

Susanto Widjaja June 21st, 2009 10:38 PM

still waiting for my lingerie models shot...

you gotta compensate for wasting our time here!!!

treat us a shot or two!!

Paul Mailath June 22nd, 2009 06:28 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Allright - I grabbed couple of frames - I'm not doing anything with the footage till they talk money.

I saved the best for last - a real hottie

Susanto Widjaja June 22nd, 2009 07:57 AM

thats pretty darn good shots for hv30 indoor

but those lights on the stand might just keep everything lid well eh?

Nicholas de Kock June 22nd, 2009 08:16 AM

Looks great! Desaturate the reds in post and you'll have a awesome looking production.