5d only weddings??? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Kevin...the fusion thing is something that photographers are doing to bring video into there product lines.It's pretty much a mixture of stills and video.It's the fusing of the two mediums.It really adds to the story telling aspect of still photography. It also adds to my savings account...hehe. The guys over at stillmotion (yes you guys rock Patrick) have been rock'in it out for sometime now but the 5d has really opened up the door for photographers that want to do something more with their art.Yup I'm one of those photographers that considers himself an artist "nose up chest out"....lol

Rye
Old July 13th, 2009, 09:02 PM   #32
Major Player

Sounds like a perfect solution for the Red Scarlet. The Esquire shoot of Megan Fox in June is amazing that those are video frames and not still pictures.
Kevin Duffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #33
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
we use the zoom H4ns for audio and that makes a huge difference. if your audio is constant throughout, i don't mind the 12-14 min recording limit and having to restart the clip. i think it depend on your style though - if your doing a documentary type edit i would think it might be more hassle than its worth in trying to nail focus and having to sync things up and make sure the 30.00 syncs with the 29.97 of other cams but if your doing something more cinematic you can afford ot have the cam stop here and there.

we love the MKII and the issues with it and quite minor compared to the benefits BUT that also goes in conjunction with our style and business model.

P.
Patrick do you use the H4n ON camera to capture ambient during, say, pre-ceremony (bridal/groom preps) or another method.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques