FREE HD Same Day Edit Webinar July 9th at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 7th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #1
Major Player

FREE HD Same Day Edit Webinar July 9th

Trisha and I will be two of the presenters of a FREE HD Same Day Edit Webinar. CLick on the link below for details.

EventDV.net: Web Events: Same Day Edits? in HD!

Master the Same Day Edit

Same-Day Edits are one of the hottest things going in modern wedding and event video, and for good reason: Not only do you get to dazzle your clients with an artistically edited recap of their wedding mere hours after the fact, but you get to dazzle their guests as well, opening up vast and immediate opportunities for new business.

FREE Same Day Edit Webinar
Thursday, July 9th
11:00 AM PT / 2:00 PM ET
Register Now

Go Behind-the-Scenes

Learn how you can boost your reputation and your bottom line by taking the SDE plunge. And if you're already doing SDEs, pick up some tips and tricks to take them to the next level as well as mastering the challenges of real-time HD production and dazzling your clients--and a reception hall full of future prospects--with SDEs that match the cutting-edge look of your best HD footage.
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Thanks for the info
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Major Player

will this be available for download? I really want to watch, but will not be available on thursday :(
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Louis,

As far as I know, it will not be available for download. If that changes, I will let you know. Sorry.
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena View Post
will this be available for download? I really want to watch, but will not be available on thursday :(

Hi Louis,

You can view the webinar at the link below.

EventDV.net: The Event Videographer's Resource
Old July 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #6
Trustee

Thanks Mark & Trish for providing your insight to the community (even to your competitors!). I know the event was sponsored by Grass Valley, but it would have been nice to spend less time on Grass Valley, and more on aspects of a SDE, but that is my opinion.

I liked your suggestion to try and come up with a edit as quickly as possible as a dry run. Very good idea. I might try that this week. Thanks again.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 06:59 AM   #7
Trustee

Thanks again for your seminar. As a direct result, I took the plunge and have produced our first ever same day edit for my wedding clients just today (ok, so it was 9hrs ago and I have yet to go to bed).
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #8
Major Player

Hi Jason,

You are welcome. That's great news. I'll check it out.
Old August 10th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken View Post
Same-Day Edits are one of the hottest things going in modern wedding and event video
I always like watching all the SDE's that pop up regularly in this wedding section, their all without any exception high quality productions. Only what seems to be big business in your country is very hard to sell here in Belgium and the Netherlands; Most would like to have something like this shown at their weddingdance but almost no-one is willing to pay for it. Weddingvideography is not as much valued over here, most just want a simple (read very cheap) registration of their wedding. To give you an idea, 2 year ago I tried to introduce "trash the dress" and gave one TTD away for free, do you know how many reacted? One person...and that was after I planned to take it off my site as no-one reacted after one month, the person that finally reacted was some-one I knew.
But hej, at least you guys give me some great ideas to implement in my videos which transforms them into a bit more then a simple registration. :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques