Connecticut area Videographers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Major Player

Connecticut area Videographers

I am considering a move to eastern Ct area next year. Looking somewhere between clinton and mystic near the shore. Anyway, I have a successful video business in St. Petersburg Florida now where the market is huge. What areas do you market/serve? The entire state? NYC to Boston? Is there enough business without going out of the state to stay busy? I am just starting to research this and have noticed a few companies I have seen marketing themselves all over the area. Any info is appreciated.

Thank You

Chad
Chad Whelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #2
New Boot

Pvact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Whelan View Post
I am considering a move to eastern Ct area next year. Looking somewhere between clinton and mystic near the shore. Anyway, I have a successful video business in St. Petersburg Florida now where the market is huge. What areas do you market/serve? The entire state? NYC to Boston? Is there enough business without going out of the state to stay busy? I am just starting to research this and have noticed a few companies I have seen marketing themselves all over the area. Any info is appreciated.

Thank You

Chad
Hi Chad,
Connecticut has a Professional Videographers Association called Professional Videographers of Connecticut. They meet in North Haven on the third Tuesday of the Month. The website is Professional Videographers Association of Connecticut. The new president of the group is Michael Grasiano who just took over last month. He is on the membership list. Call him. I'm sure he'll be happy to fill you in on what's what in the area. He is a very nice guy.
Hope this helps.
Kathy Ritondo
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

We're close by, in Newport, RI. Most of the wedding videographers in this region cover Connecticut, RI, Mass, Southern NH, and Southern Maine. From Eastern CT to Southern Maine, you're looking at at about a 4 hour drive. I've been told that Newport (ground zero for weddings in New England) is the second largest wedding destination in the country, trailing only Las Vegas. So, there are a lot of weddings in the area. There are also a lot of videographers, but there seems to be plenty of work to go around.

That's the good news. Now for the bad... I don't know much about the St. Petersburg market, but I know that in most southern areas, weddings are a year round business. Not so here. The season runs pretty much from late April through mid November. Unless you can still book weddings in St. Petersburg through the winter, you should have plan in place to get you through the winter.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques