Relaying live feeds for VJ'ing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 20th, 2009, 05:08 AM   #1
Tourist

Relaying live feeds for VJ'ing

Hey guys, i found this forum when googling looking for advice on my following issue. seems like a friendly helpful place so im going to run with my question

I've been asked to mix live feeds from 3 cameras which we are going to display on a projector at the back of a stage. (its a music gig)

we have Sony PD170 cameras, and can get access to a video mixer, the only issue is that the cameras need to be wirelessly transmitting images back to my control desk.

I've looked around and i think the Transvideo Titan systems are my best bet, but the PD170 cameras we are using only seem to have S-video and component outputs, they dont have the luma or hirose connectors the Titan systems seem to need.

I'm thinking I can get an s-video or component -to- hirose or luma converters, but i doubt the Titan system will be able to pull its power from these ports.

has anyone ever used the Titan system in this way, maybe with a seperate battery pack? and if so, could someone explain to me step-by-step how to make it work?

I've been using cameras doing freelance jobs for about 3 years, but this is the first time i'll be using a semi-professional-style setup with wireless transmitters etc...

any help WILL be very much appreciated

thanks

nick
Nick Cummins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques