DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Rode $1 mic special (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/251043-rode-1-mic-special.html)

Yang Wen August 7th, 2009 11:11 AM

Rode $1 mic special

Anyone taking advantage of Rode's $1 mic deal thru august? with a qualified purchase, you can get a Rode M1, M2 or M3 for $1. I'm looking to get a NTG-1 so this would be a good deal for me.

Anyone using the M series for weddings?

Martin Wiosna August 8th, 2009 10:29 PM

how does this promotion work?

Glenn Fisher August 9th, 2009 09:55 AM

The Rode website gives you the lowdown on how this promotion works.

1. Buy a qualifying microphone (only certain mics qualify for the deal..see the list below).

2. Receive a redemption card with your purchase

3. Go to rodemic.com/onedollarmic and you can pick between an M1, M2, or M3 mic for only 1 australian dollar.

Qualifying Mics
NT1A
NT1000
NT2A
NT2000
NTK
K2
Classic II
NT3
NT4
NT5 (single or paired)
NT55 (single or paired)
NT6
S1
Podcaster
Procaster
Broadcaster
NTG1
NTG2
NTG3

Chris Hurd August 9th, 2009 10:21 AM

Explained at August Promo: RØDE Microphone for $1 DV Info Net

Jason Robinson August 9th, 2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1200847)

Are any of these mics (the free ones or otherwise) good for studio / VO recording in controlled settings? I've got a commercial shoot in two weeks where I'll have to do some VO work with an amateur client (ie, not an actor or VO pro, but she is the paying client).

I've already got a UHF lapel system and the AT 897 shotgun, but it might be nice to get either a true directional mic for on-cam or a mic for on set recording (via boom pole) or a mic for VO work in a more controlled area.

Brendan Donohue August 10th, 2009 12:31 PM

I wish the M-series mics were included as qualifying mics...I'd love a stereo pair of M3's!

Kees van Duijvenbode August 11th, 2009 05:41 AM

The M-series IS included. I bought myself two M3's when they first came out and I am very satisfied with them. I use them mainly for shooting orchestra's and place them in the A-B position above and pointing to the orchestra. This gives me very good sound recordings with a proper balance of direct and indirect/ambient sound.

Andrew Smith August 11th, 2009 05:50 AM

And thanks to the exchange rate, one Aussie dollar will only cost you a mere 82 US cents. Better value than ever!

Andrew

Michael Liebergot August 11th, 2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan Donohue (Post 1205336)
I wish the M-series mics were included as qualifying mics...I'd love a stereo pair of M3's!

Well I already have one M3 mic and was going to purchase another. So this was a no brainer for me. I am either going to purchase another NTG2 or a NT1-A (I could use a good large diaphragm mic for voice overs).

The question for me is do I get a matching NTG2 mic to go along with the NTG2 mic that I already have.
Or do I pickup a large diaphragm NT1-A for voice over use.

This is my current audio setup.

Mics:
Rode NTG2: One
Rode NT5: Matched Pair
Rode NT3: One
Rode M3: One
Shure SM57: Matched Pair
AT822: One

Recorders:
Edirol R44
Zoom H4n
Marantz PMD620
Zoom H2

So what say everyone. Would a large diaphragm mic be beneficial for me, or is getting a redundant shotgun mic the way to go. BTW, I shoot with 3 FX1 cameras normally, but only have need for the shotgun on one camera with wireless. The remainder of my audio is normally recorded using mics to my Edirol R44, Zoom H4n. I also use the onboard mics and line inputs for recording with my Zoom H2 and Marantz PMD620.

Andrew Smith August 18th, 2009 01:17 AM

Myself, I'm going to get the Podcaster for V/O usage, and claim an M3 which is a good general mic for all sorts of usage.

[Just got off the phone with a guy from Rode in Australia. The promotion has been going very well and has done a great job of getting the M series of mics launched and on the map. They've had lots of good feedback, so to speak.]

Andrew

Anish Sharma August 25th, 2009 02:34 PM

i am looking at getting an NTG-2 but keen on opinions about it from fellow wedding videographers. Currently iam using the onboard mic on the xh-a1. May pickup the M3 with the coupon to supplement the NTG-2.