Another raw footage question - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
I can tell you EXACTLY how many couples would be interested in this! :(

We've already had several requests and I think as more and more people go out and buy HD TV's, we'll get more.
Old August 25th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Smyth View Post
We've already had several requests and I think as more and more people go out and buy HD TV's, we'll get more.
There is another perspective that gives insight. Go to the store and buy a TV that isn't HD. Non HD TV's virtually aren't sold anymore. Does it make sense that people would own HD TV's and not want to take advantage of their TV's HD capability? I think the real question is what media will be used for delivery and playing of HD content. I'm rooting for solid state devices to win in the long run. I have some concerns about spinning optical media reliability and longevity. The movie studios ae pushing Blu-ray which is a monkey wrench in the equation. But we can still hope that better HD delivery technologies will be developed.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi John

By your comment you are getting absolutely ZERO requests for HD???? I must admit that after 28 weddings in my 2008/09 season only ONE actually asked if I had HD cameras and when asked admitted that he didn't have a clue what a BluRay player even was!!!!

This coming season will begin for me in a week and I don't expect anyone scrambling for HD disks either.

Chris
Funny thing Chris... I get the same thing.
Not one request for HD or BluRay.

But they do want it shot in WIDESCREEN 16:9....

Ben
Ben Longden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:26 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Hi Ben

Glad to see that it's not just Perth!! I would have expected the Eastern States to have a slightly better response with bigger and more progressive cities!!

I have bookings for the coming season scattered right up to November 2010 and still no requests!! Here they don't even ask if it's 4:3 or 16:9 ...One couple were happily enjoying a 4:3 SD DVD which their HD TV was zooming to full screen (and stretching the pic too) and they seemed quite oblivious to it until I corrected them.

Last season I shot most in 4:3 and only did a squeeze to 16:9 if they asked me for widescreen!! If anyone asks for 4:3 this season I'll have to transcode the HD footage to a 4:3 cropped AVI!!!

Content is still more important to the bride than technical details!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #20
Regular Crew

i usually do a quick edit on the raw foota with no cc and burn that to dvd for the client. Main reason is that you end up getting lots of stuff which is probably not appropriate to add in the final output which is usually distributed to all families. I give those raw footage in paper dvd cases so cases cost me very little and blank dvd's are pretty cheap nowadays as well.
Anish Sharma is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques