Wedding web site at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wedding web site

I just made by myself my website, and i need to improve

JOEL MIRANDA VIDEOJORNALISMO

I'd like to receive comments about it.

thanks a lot

Joel
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Major Player

I have nothing to say but Great Job!!!
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Trustee

liked it,
professionaly done website.
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Great job, it's a fantastic looking site. You could probably make a decent living designing sites for hire. One minor thing, your name seems to be getting blocked by some sort of black box after the site resolves. But, it could just be my computer.
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Major Player

Looks nice, but having a 100% flash website is a bad idea when it comes to search engines.
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Gilchrist View Post
Looks nice, but having a 100% flash website is a bad idea when it comes to search engines.
It's more work, but you can have your cake and eat it too if you want to use a flash web site. Create a home page that offers the site visitor the option of flash or HTML. The HTML portion of your site will be indexed well by the search engines so your site can be found in the search engines. If you want to steer your site visitors to the flash version of your web site, you can make the HTML choice less obvious on your home page.

Keep in mind that people with slower internet connections may lose patience with a flash web site because of the page download times. Although very artful web sites can be created with flash, you will serve your own interests if you allow site visitors to view it in HTML if they choose. Are you interested in using your web site to maximize your income by making it possible for potential clients to find and view your site or are you more interested in being an Adobe flash "missionary"?
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Inner Circle

VERY nice site, although with a broadband connection it still took a bit to load - that could be the "international" lag time too though.

I also saw the picture/video "overlay" obscure your name/logo in the upper left (the lower right corner was covered by the black background as the pix/vids loaded). You may want to remember to test your site at 800x600 (I think that's roughly the size I keep my IE window at on the desktop...) - it looked fine when I maximized the window. It's always tough to remember all the compatibility tests so your site looks great on every computer out there!

My espaniol is too rusty to review spelling and all that, but visually, this was like a giant box of chocolates, well done!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques