DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Weddings Forum (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/26999-weddings-forum.html)

David Phillips June 3rd, 2004 01:23 PM

Weddings

Hi all.
It seems to me there are many of us out there who shoot wedding programmes for a living, such as we do.
How about a special section just for us where we can swap idea's and techniques etc.
We spend hours trawling the net looking for new idea's and it would be a great source of info for those who want to bring the whole concept of 'Wedding Video' into the 21st century.
Regards, Dave

Norman Woo June 3rd, 2004 08:02 PM

I second that ...

Cosmin Rotaru June 4th, 2004 09:40 AM

I third...

Christopher C. Murphy June 4th, 2004 10:09 AM

I fourth!

Please make it "Weddings and Events" though.

Josh Allen June 4th, 2004 10:15 AM

Great idea!

Chris Hurd June 4th, 2004 11:04 AM

It looks like we have over 80 discussions of various types about weddings, so I guess we could go ahead with this... you guys will make full use of it, right? I'll discuss it with the other Admin's in the meantime.

Christopher C. Murphy June 4th, 2004 11:30 AM

Definately! I just spent $10,000 on Wedding and Event equipment, I'll be talking!

Murph

David Phillips June 4th, 2004 02:47 PM

Weddings

Thanks Chris.
We believe that wedding programmes have a great future, but the hardest part is getting away from the old style image, and the dreaded word, 'video'.
Our investment in new equipment is in excess of 20,000 GBP over the last 3 years and we are using new idea's that are making us one of the best wedding producers in the UK. (Our testimonials prove it). We're more than happy to share our idea's and learn from others around the world.
Let's do it!

Dave

Jamie Walker June 7th, 2004 03:33 PM

I just joined this board and I hope this wedding section gets done. I will be using it alot.

Jamie

Jeff Smallwood June 7th, 2004 10:03 PM

Yes, I feel that a wedding/event section would be very interesting, and helpfull to myself and a large portion of this forum.

Indian Ashfaq June 8th, 2004 04:48 AM

WEDDING SECTION

It would be a great idea to have a complete section only for wedding videos so that we can share our experiences and ideas at one place only.

Indian

Glen Elliott June 14th, 2004 03:25 PM

Chris, having a Wedding Videography specific forum would be great! Nowadays that's the only genre of videography I do.

It would be helpfull beings Wedding Videography differs so much from any other type of videography- it's so fast paced and unscripted.

However, if you feel it'll dilute this forum too much I wouldn't do it.

David Phillips June 15th, 2004 09:08 AM

Well Chris, what about it?

Chris Hurd June 15th, 2004 09:40 AM

It's now "before the board," in other words the concept has been presented to the other admins. I should have word for you within a day at most. Thanks,

Ken Tanaka June 22nd, 2004 03:58 PM

Be sure to have your credit cards ready for the annual fee.