DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Trash the dress idea... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/290614-trash-dress-idea.html)

Stephen J. Williams August 17th, 2009 05:02 PM

Trash the dress idea...

Not that I'll probably ever shoot one. But with so many couples buying houses around the same time of their wedding day (I've had 3 or 4 already). I thought it would be cool to see some remodeling being done in the full suit and dress. Could be cool, lots of paint... Carpenters belt across and white dress. Maybe even a little demolition.
At least some work would get done to the house as well.
Just an idea.
Steve

John Stakes August 17th, 2009 05:23 PM

For some reason I don't think paint + wedding dress will go over too well with the bride.

David Schuurman August 17th, 2009 06:19 PM

John,

they call it a "trash the dress" shoot for a reason....Paint is game to many a bride.

Lukas Siewior August 18th, 2009 06:31 AM

I'm doing TTD this coming Sunday :-) We chose ketchup and mustard instead of paints for an easiness of use :-) Can't wait to shoot it - it'll be my first TTD.

John Stakes August 18th, 2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Schuurman (Post 1235826)
John,

they call it a "trash the dress" shoot for a reason....Paint is game to many a bride.

Oh. Oh my! I had no idea!

*note to self, search "trash the dress" on Vimeo today.

JS

Don Bloom August 18th, 2009 08:47 AM

it is becoming more and more popular around the country and you can have a lot of fun with it.
I have one coming up in October (September wedding-then their honeymoon) IF she goes thru with it which honestly I kind of doubt. It's a $3000.00 dress and I have a feeling she might chicken out unless she picks up a cheapy from a 2nd hand store or ebay.
She wants to go to Lake Michigan and get wet and sandy. We'll see;-)

Sean Philips February 25th, 2010 11:39 AM

Trash the dress - with paint!

Here is a bride who loved the idea of paint on a wedding dress!

Jim Snow February 25th, 2010 01:46 PM

I have wondered if some brides lived to regret trashing the dress. To many, their wedding gown becomes a precious heirloom. Obviously not everyone has the same thoughts but there are things people sometimes do in the rush of the moment that they live to regret. I wonder if some brides trash a "proxy gown" just in case?

Mick Haensler February 26th, 2010 06:21 AM

You mean people are still doing this. That's so June.....get with it guys, CG weddings are the hot thing now!!!

Philip Howells February 26th, 2010 08:28 AM

Isn't this the biggest paradox of this business; that most brides get married wearing their own dress and almost as many grooms get married wearing somebody else's?

Mick Haensler February 26th, 2010 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very true, while my wife bought her own dress, I wore my sisters. Adam Lambert was my best man, he looked more smashing than I did.