DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding editors tool kit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/30368-wedding-editors-tool-kit.html)

John DeLuca August 10th, 2004 09:59 PM

Wedding editors tool kit

I found this at digital juice. Is it worth the money? it seems steep for what you get.

http://www.digitaljuice.com/specialoffer/august2004.asp
http://www.digitaljuice.com/

John

Edward Troxel August 11th, 2004 07:16 AM

It really depends on what you want. The Digital Juice stuff is very high quality. So, you can't really go wrong with them. Is it worth the money? Depends on whether you are going to use it.

Another one you might want to look at is:
http://www.showstoppersfx.com/wedding/express/xp.htm

Wesley Wong August 13th, 2004 10:46 AM

I just bought it myself. but cheap. I'm working in the co. that distributes in in Asia Pacific region. Many weva people here haven't caught on to this , so it might be cool to know that your presentation will look cool and refreshing for now (in my region at least) .

Peter Jefferson August 22nd, 2004 07:50 AM

im just having trouble using it in vegas.. lol

I work within the inustry as a supplier of cam gear etc, and would love to be able to pitch this to clients (i have the demo and was impressed withthe raw files) but without proper instruction on NLE integration, it makes it hard to sell...

Hey wesley, if u have a solution or tips on how to integrate this into an NLE pls let me know, coz i am considering pushing this kind of material to our existing clientelle

Wesley Wong August 22nd, 2004 09:30 AM

Sure, once I get some time out to explore everything within this toolkit.

Got a project on hand I need to complete first. Will keep everyone here in the loop.

Or if anyone wants to start the ball rolling ...

Peter Jefferson August 26th, 2004 10:43 AM

okies, spoke with the juice people, and they jsut suggested runa chroma key on teh grey elements..

if ur using vegas, u acan also mess around with it by using a displacement map.. quite wierd and groovy..

Peter Jefferson September 3rd, 2004 09:08 AM

okies heres the dirt..

afew good tools and clips, but theyre all in friggin quicktime.. so apple has to get dibs.. which sux coz ive already done this for V4, so i had to go and download QT again this time with the bloody authoring crap (if u cant already tell, i HATE APPLE)

this is with vegas... i dont use PremPro, but i assume u use the same method...

okies, so now u wack on ur clip into ur timeline and they all different aspect, so first thing to do is go into the properties and make sure transparency is ON

now go to ur aspect and switch it whatever land ur in.. NTSC or PAL land.. whatever..

now render..

voila..

now u can either set a displacement map (which looks cool) and another layer of the raw, or u cna jsut set the raw as a layer.. some of these QT files cant be made transparent, so u have to setup a chromakeying composite.. looks ok, but id rather not..

i liek the Digital Juice stuff.. but theyre jsut too damn expensive..

Wesley Wong September 3rd, 2004 11:43 PM

Hehe. why do you hate apple ?

is it like 'I hate Sony' as well, which is the reason that's putting me off Vegas too ?

Peter Jefferson September 4th, 2004 11:47 AM

but u see my friend, i hate sony too.. lol
but vegas was made and designed by SOnic Foundry which was bought out, so the soul of vegas still lies within its audio roots, which im ok with.. lol

actaulyl i dont hate apple, i jstu hate the fact that u have to install QT, which is a media app i dislike immensley.. that and the fact that FCP user seem to think that FCP is the bees knees... which is sad considering Avid Mofo (yup.. mofo, coz it kicks ass like a Mofo.. i actaully mean Mojo for those who dont know it.. same dudes who make ProTools, which i am also accustomed to), Vegas4/5, MatroxRTx100+ Prem Pro1.5 (notice i say 1.5) makes FCP obsolete...

Its just that apple offer there HW at bargain basement prices to Unis, so students are only exposed to Apple or 3rd party apple products (here in Oz anyway), making it hard to retrain them into something decent like the AvidDNA systems (although they do get a rundown, they dont gt extensive training.. which is where i come in ;) )), Vegas (i have some stories about FCP comaprisons.. lol another one wher ei like to umm.. make an interference with.. ) and Matrox+Prem Pro's realtime output grunt... its funny though, as most Aus prodution houses use PremPro now.. and theyre so die hard about it, thats its really hard to convert them.. which is ok, coz the syste IS good.. its jsut not as fast moving when cutting as Vegas.. Vegas is REALLY quick and not buggy or tied down with menus...

god i ramble.. lol

Wesley Wong September 6th, 2004 05:55 AM

lol. read my signature.

Wild wild west Oz didn't even do Avid from 2001-2003. They probably, finally understood that film students want real industrial output and went off with Avid this year and abandoned the buggy Prem 5.0 . Shucks. after I graduated.

Cest la vie.

Peter Jefferson September 9th, 2004 09:48 AM

roflmao

well, prempro1.5 is a MAJOR improvement i must admit... mind u i still cant get over the die hard adobe and FCP nutters out there... some of them are SOOOOOO zealous about it, its friggin amazing..

i show tehm vegas and theyre dnt want to belive it can do what it does.. lol

then i throw on avid and well, its game over.. hahahaha

Wesley Wong September 28th, 2004 12:20 PM

finally got down to use some wedding toolkit ver 1 (the old one on Cds nor DVDs - haven't got around to those yet )

I have to say they're eyecandy. Pretty pretty stuff. I'm using more of these in wedding videos already.

Now to wait for that magiqcam that just shipped.

Yah !!!

P.S. : Pete , I also finally plonked some $ down for Matrox RTX100 suite. Gotta catch up with the competition. hopefully I get more business soon.

Peter Jefferson September 29th, 2004 05:27 AM

hehhehe
the matrox is a good system with prem pro.. prem would be dead without it i can assure u.. on price alone.. lol

if u need a hand with some trainign, i have a training DVD as well as a guy who works with me whos a guru with prem. I like the realtime elelements, but in all honesty, i can save alot of editing time with Vegas, which is what i use..

I then render overnight.. so its really no issue for me...

as for the eye candy, the current canopus promo offers digital Juice with the rig, so im tryin to source some more :)

apparently Digital Juice is no being supplied by a comapny i havent heard of here in oz.. if u have any info, that would be great coz even though they look good, theyre a lil outdated.. well to my tastes anyway.. im more into particles and lighting.. LOL

as for teh magiqcam.. i been seriosuly thinkin about gettin one of these.. the springload arm one.. lol the one thats like a Steadycam rig u see with those panavison boxes on.. hehehehe
now THAT would be good!

Wesley Wong October 2nd, 2004 11:24 AM

hehe. caught up in flying with my magiqcam and away from the PC. It is very well made and bang for the bucks especially when you compare it against original steadicams which cost a 3rd world country.

yeah Pete. Digital Juice wedding kits does what wedding couples like - the cheese. So I guess my own tastes isn't a big concern when using them .

thanks for the offfer on the Prem pro traing DVD, but I hate to see postage $ spent to send it to me from Oz. I'll slowly work throught eh manuals I guess. My mates in Perth might like it though, not that I know that they are using Prem pro too.