what about that?? video :1 photo: 0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 29th, 2004, 07:40 PM   #1
Tourist

what about that?? video :1 photo: 0

I shot a wedding this weekend where the photographer was not allowed to take pictures during the ceremony..... :-) only video.
The bride had warned me that the priest was a tough one to deal with. So I made sure to get there early to introduce myself and talk with him.
The priest was clear, only the video camera was allowed as it is a lot less intrusive and much more discret.
I discussed with the priest my moves before and he allowed me to stay on the altar for the procession. I told him that he would not even notice me. That was the first time he allowed that. I then moved to the center aisle ( using side aisle) for the rest of the ceremony.
I made sure to thank him after. He was very satisfied with the way I did things and said that he would be very happy to have me coming back. :-)

The photographer had the re-enact the various parts of the ceremony after.

you got to love it!!!

video :1 photo: 0

Stephen
Stephen Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

That is pretty cool Stephen.

People forget that flash photography can be distracting. I feel bad for photographers. Especially those who still use film.

A client of mine isn't even going to have a photographer! I had to encourage them to at least hire someone for portraits in between the ceremony and reception...and they seemed to entertain that idea, but they are video people through and through.
Old August 31st, 2004, 09:38 AM   #3
Tourist

Re: what about that?? video :1 photo: 0

I just went thru this again on Sat. It was probably a Presbytarian (spelling) wedding. They do not allow flash photography during the mass. I've seen this several times. However it can work to our advantage. Most Phtogs around here will re-enact portions of the ceremony after the fact. Which gives vid guys a perfect oppertunity to grab some nice pick-up shots of the B/G. I did feel bad for the guy though. espicially considering that several family members were sneaking flash shots during the entire ceemony!!!
Jason Slazinski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques