DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Titles (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/32471-wedding-titles.html)

Dylan Couper September 24th, 2004 12:54 PM

Wedding Titles

Hey!

What titles do you guys usualy use for a wedding video?
For example:

Bobby and Sue Get Married

George and Elaine's Special Day

The Marriage Of Samantha And Maxwell

Ken and Jeff Tie The Knot?

etc...?

Edward Troxel September 24th, 2004 01:01 PM

The Marriage Of Samantha And Maxwell

Chris Thomas September 24th, 2004 11:43 PM

The wedding of...

David Bermejo September 25th, 2004 07:55 PM

I just put something like:
"Bob and Samantha (last name)"

Peter Jefferson September 26th, 2004 04:45 AM

im simple..

i have

"Studio-D Presents" (flashy lil CG Animated intro
breaks up into particles which then morph into texr
next bit is

The wedding of

next screen

Bob and Jane

Next screen

on the 4th of July, 2004

but with these texts, im usually running light rays and particles with all the while being overlaid on a thematic background which ive made with some compositing apps like combustion (ie butterflys, bubbles, etc etc)

Bob Harotunian September 26th, 2004 11:11 AM

We usually use "Mary and John's Wedding Day". But it's an option on our contract/order form and the B&G can write in any title they want. I believe it should be their choice.

Jonathan Nicholas September 29th, 2004 06:45 AM

My titles talk to the b&g

Harry and Jane .... your wedding day

Jon

Andre Andreev September 30th, 2004 06:09 PM

No titles in the video, just the DVD screens

I do not have titles in the video.

On the DVBD splash screen last time I had

John & Mary
Together Forever

then PLAY / CHAPTER SELECTION

then on the chapter selection screen I had the titles of the different sections

- Chapel
- Arrival of Guests
- Groom preparations
- Bride preparations
- Ceremony
- Congratulations
- Reception arrival
- Reception Toasts
- Cutting of the Cake
- Good wishes

at the end of the video I had credits... The list was almost as long as a Hollywood movie's!

Also... do all of you add a plug for your company at the beginning of the video? What other places on the DVD do you use to promote yourself?

Regards,

-- Andre

Bob Harotunian October 1st, 2004 06:06 AM

Andre,
I have a 15 second movie that is the First Play on our DVDs with company logo and music. Then the wedding splash screen appears with B&G's names.
Sample:
http://beaconvideo.net/samples/BLSIntro.wmv

At the very end of the movie, my company name appears and fades off. It is also on the media and cases with web, E-mail, etc. I don't want to overdo the advertising and try to take a subtle approach.
Bob

Jimmy McKenzie October 2nd, 2004 05:59 AM

I have a 15 second movie that is the First Play on our DVDs with company logo and music.
At the very end of the movie, my company name appears and fades off. It is also on the media and cases with web, E-mail, etc. I don't want to overdo the advertising and try to take a subtle approach.
Bob

Having your company intro as first play on the DVD is subtle?
You might want to re-visit Webster's latest edition and possibly adjust your chapter marks.

Don't get me wrong, but when I read your list of ad placements I don't think you missed any. It's just that your summary statement stridently contradicts your credo.

Just a humble observation..

Respectfully - Jimmy.

Bob Harotunian October 2nd, 2004 07:07 AM

Hi Jimmy,

I guess what is called "subtle" might be subjective. The name of my company appears once and only once in small font at the very end of each movie. I call that subtle. A 15 second intro on DVD before a 60 to 90 minute movie is what I call subtle. A company name and contact info on a DVD case's back side is what I call advertising.

If I used flying graphics, screaming fonts and Star Wars music then that would not be subtle.

Of course you're entitled to your definition.

Regards.
Bob

Jimmy McKenzie October 3rd, 2004 04:49 AM

I agree with the tag idea at the end and you bet, an innocuous shingle on the back side of the case is indeed something I would not forget. I suppose the reason I have never authored my :15 spot at the beginning is due to my high percentage of corporate vs wedding/special event work.
The other reason is that given the non-linear navigation of the DVD vs. tape, the viewer can easily go to the credits/participants link to see the names of all involved.
I understand your perspective, I guess I have always been a little traditional at keeping in the background as a service provider.

Bob Harotunian October 3rd, 2004 06:35 AM

Jimmy,
I believe I take the same approach you do with regard to corporate projects. There is no First Play intro on our corporate DVDs. They're less artistic and straight to the subject matter.
Bob