Please critique my wedding demo - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 8th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #16
Major Player

Love the feedback...

I will definitely recut this demo. When I played it at a bridal show recently, I received some nice compliments as well. I'm meeting with a bride tomorrow who went on and on about the demo. She says she likes my style; this edit is representative of my full-length videos, so I think she'll be happy with tomorrow night's screening.

Unless my client supplies specific songs when she hires me, I suggest royalty-free tunes from my little library. (I really need to offer more choices.) Only one time have I used a popular song. I prefer to give people something unique and less commercialized, but I won't refuse to use a song the clients love.

Again, I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

T.J.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #17
Major Player

Tim, Just a couple of observations. Instead of hauling a tripod around everywhere, think about the BogenMan 3245 monopod for steady shots away from the altar. We've even added a swivel mount to the foot for smooth pans.

I'm not a big fan of multiple weddings in one demo. There were scenes that showed noticeable differences in lighting in rapid succession that might send a negative message. For that reason, we use matching cameras for consistancy.

A long time ago I had a simlar demo with multiple weddings. A visiting prospective bride asked me if this was the same wedding. Well maybe it was my poor editing but I decided I wanted continuity from that point on. The demo we ship now has 3 or 4 distinct weddings at different venues. Hopefully the bride will be able to identify with one of them.

Also, this is just a personal preference but I don't like using subtitles over obvious scenes. Does the B&G really need to be reminded that the wedding party were Friends?

Otherwise, good editing and choice of music.
Good luck.
Bob
Bob Harotunian is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques