What format are you guys shooting in? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 10th, 2004, 09:48 AM   #16
Major Player

uau, man! Al those settings... I've lost my film watching mood! :)
Old December 10th, 2004, 03:35 PM   #17
New Boot

Glen Elliott-
Sounds like your not on the right setting. Could be on your tv or it could be on the DVD end. If properly set up you shouldnt loose any detail and anything in motion will seem to have twice as much detail as if it was interlaced. Without seeing it I would say your DVD architect disc was encoded as interlaced. Trying to turn it into a progressive DVD after the fact thru your DVD player is similar to trying to turn 60i shot footage into 30p footage. You can "similate" it but not without a bit of softness showing up. Throw a progressive scan DVD in you DVD player (ie newer Hollywood movie) and try your test again. I think you'll see what were talking about. If not double check your settings.
Brett Alan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques