Who does your Website??? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #31
Major Player

DIY web site

I built my own using the ISP's templates. It's not the snazziest site on the web, but it gets the job done. Until I get a broadband Net connection at my home office, my site is as media-rich as it's going to be. For example, to upload my demo videos, I took them to my day job on CD and uploaded them to my site via T-1. It's a helluva lot easier than uploading 20MB at 33.6 Kbps.

TJB
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 01:43 PM   #32
New Boot

Not bad considering it's based on free templates Tim. My choice of layout was dictated by my existing site design - not exactly the standard "cutesy" page, but then perhaps that's what makes it stand out.

On the subject of videos, you might want to de-interlace you videos to improve the quality.
Marc Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 08:41 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Templates

There's a lot of inexpensive templates online. Last week I bought a flash and web template (total $45.00) to rebuild my http://www.magoomedia.com website. I love the flash interface. The website is more of an online business card than a content driven site so I need it to look as creative as possible.

I modified the templates to use php language and created a video interface which I'm going to use to drive the site. Too many people marketing their video skills DON'T use video on their own sites which I find ironic. In the next month, I'll have a lot of video posted on my site.

It was a little bit of work to modify the flash since I'm not a flash expert but I like the end result.
Old January 20th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #34
New Boot

I'm not only suprised at the lack of videos, but the lack of well encoded videos.
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #35
Regular Crew

I just finished the website this week and will be adding the video in the next month. I'm still testing my code interacting with the embedded video using different formats. The encoding will also be tweaked.
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #36
New Boot

Jim, that was a comment in general about event videographer's sites and certainly not aimed at you in particular!
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:05 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Thanks for the clarification Marc. I agree with you 100%.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 01:01 PM   #38
Regular Crew

I did my own...

I did my own, though I'm not a web designer I used to design artwork for gaming machines. I am going to get some video on there soon.

Chrome
Association of Professional Videomakers (UK) www.apv.org.uk
Megalith TV www.megalith.tv
Stephen M. Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:01 AM   #39
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Marc Peters : On the subject of videos, you might want to de-interlace you videos to improve the quality. -->>>

I agree. It's been on my to-do list for a while. I'll probably tackle that this week.

Thanks for the feedback.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #40
Major Player

RE: Google and Flash

Google can search only the file name, but will be blind to the text within it, or any other type of image. So, if say, you've got the super important keywords Wedding and Video within the Flash image, those keywords will do you zero good in rankings and people finding your site via search engine. They can only read text that shows up within the code of the site itself.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #41
Air China Pilot

Right. That's what I was getting at with my question.

I do corporate sites and the Google rankings are very important.
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Keith,
I just looked at your work website. What's the connection with the Pepsid commercial?????
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #43
Air China Pilot

We provide streaming video technology. Ad clients use us to test commercials online and also to repurpose TV commercials to display on portal websites.
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:13 PM   #44
Regular Crew

Thought that might have been some of your video work. :-)

I like your website. Nice work. I wish I was more artistic. I'm heavy on the technical end, it comes easy to me. I really struggle with the artisitc part though. Mine's so dull. http://www.glassdolphinvideo.com
I make web applications at work. They don't have to look good they just have to be easy to use and work.
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #45
Air China Pilot

Actually I wish I had more web development (i.e. backend) skills. I do almost everything else but whenever I need to do forms and database work I have to subcontract. That's the most technical and also the most expensive.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques