DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   DVD cases (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/372800-dvd-cases.html)

David Kovalev September 7th, 2009 10:21 PM

DVD cases

Hello DVINFO people!

I've searched far and near, up and down, google and forums and cant find decent DVD double cases. I was happy with sleevecity.com but they discontinued the ones I've been using (nexpak). I've been looking around and can't really tell the quality by looking at photos, so I need someone who is picky about their DVD cases to direct me to the right place!

I've seen a lot of CHEAP and NASTY ones... I dont not mind paying extra $$$ for extra quality.

Thanks in advance. (or if you could find a previous forum that would be great)

Terry Esslinger September 7th, 2009 11:21 PM

The nicest DVD cases I have seen were from Jewelboxing - Super Jewel Box Packaging System - CD and DVD Cases. They will even send you a free sample.

Taky Cheung September 7th, 2009 11:43 PM

This is the one that I Have

Black Double DVD Cases 14mm (hold 2 Disc) for CD DVD Media Storage, Made with Premium New Material, Wholesale Volume Discount Available

Too bad they are out of stock now. The glossy surface makes the DVD very luxorious looking. Otherwise, check out other DVD cases offer by Meritline. I have been ordering from them and the quality is quite good.

Susanto Widjaja September 8th, 2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Esslinger (Post 1325886)
The nicest DVD cases I have seen were from Jewelboxing - Super Jewel Box Packaging System - CD and DVD Cases. They will even send you a free sample.

do they have double dvd jewel case? this one looks hot! I don't like how they use dvd labels but I love how they have templates. Not sure how well the papers cut though. from the video it looks great. but I bought some of the perforated papers from retail stores and they sucked.. you can see the perforated edges after you separated them..

Santo

Don Bloom September 8th, 2009 05:03 AM

I've been using Jewelboxing cases and they look amazing.A bit of work to layout, print and fit but worth the effort but NO they do not produce a double disc case.
I don't use the disc labels but they are part of the package and no you don't see the perf'd edges. Like I siad they look great but the first few are a real PITA to do.
I'd like to see the guidelines a bit stronger so they can be seen a bit easier in Photoshop but maybe it's just my old eyes.

Polyline has double disc cases however they are the standard vinyl cases that most of us are familiar with. Make a wrap for the case and you're done. They are what they are.

Josh Chesarek September 8th, 2009 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1326282)
but I bought some of the perforated papers from retail stores and they sucked.. you can see the perforated edges after you separated them..

Santo

I thought the same thing so I picked up a paper cutter from the office supply store. Perforated edge issue is now gone and I can cut faster and cleaner than tearing off the edges when I have a batch of 75 DVDs to finish.

David Kovalev September 8th, 2009 07:23 AM

Yeah thanks everyone! I'm very interested in the meritline ones. I need something that could hold 2 dvds and not plastic preferably. If anyone else has the jackpot let us know! thanks.

Kelsey Emuss September 8th, 2009 08:33 AM

do they have double dvd jewel case?

I love these as well and I have been able to "stack" 3 disc in one case. Watch the on-line demo and they explain everything!

Don Bloom September 8th, 2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss (Post 1327304)
do they have double dvd jewel case?

I love these as well and I have been able to "stack" 3 disc in one case. Watch the on-line demo and they explain everything!

I just recently bought some more jewelboxing cases and no they don't have double cases UNLESS they have just come out with them. Personally I think that woould ruin the look of the case, I love the inside booklet. I usually put a group shot there with the "credits".

Anyway, why not call them and ask.

Jon Geddes September 8th, 2009 10:52 AM

Amaray Originals are the industry standard for double disc cases, used by most hollywood releases. Very good quality, it's the only kind I buy... and they are available from sleeve city.

Product Name: DVD Double Amaray Original

Raymond Tsang September 8th, 2009 11:52 AM

I've used Jewlelboxing cases and the DVD cases hold 2 or 3 DVD/CDs by stacking them on top of each other. The holding notch is created in such a way that the DVDs don't touch or scratch each other while stacked.

Don Bloom September 8th, 2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond Tsang (Post 1327977)
I've used Jewlelboxing cases and the DVD cases hold 2 or 3 DVD/CDs by stacking them on top of each other. The holding notch is created in such a way that the DVDs don't touch or scratch each other while stacked.

I just looked at my Jewelboxing cases and don't see how you can stack them to hold more than 1 disc. MAybe I'm missing something. Could you perhaps post a pic to show how you do it?

Raymond Tsang September 8th, 2009 02:29 PM

Don - I can post some photos later today but the site explains it here along with a video:

Jewelboxing - Super Jewel Box Packaging System - CD and DVD Cases

Essentially, the holding notch has 2 grooves that hold one disc each.

Don Bloom September 8th, 2009 02:37 PM

Thanks Raymond. The last time I was on the site there they didn't have the 2 disc hub.

Live and learn! Gotta keep up.

Thanks again.

Jim Bucciferro September 8th, 2009 02:44 PM

I've been using cases from US Plastics. I usually get about 100 which keeps the cost down. They are very good quality.

Jim