DVD cases at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 7th, 2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD cases

Hello DVINFO people!

I've searched far and near, up and down, google and forums and cant find decent DVD double cases. I was happy with sleevecity.com but they discontinued the ones I've been using (nexpak). I've been looking around and can't really tell the quality by looking at photos, so I need someone who is picky about their DVD cases to direct me to the right place!

I've seen a lot of CHEAP and NASTY ones... I dont not mind paying extra $$$ for extra quality.

Thanks in advance. (or if you could find a previous forum that would be great)
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Major Player

The nicest DVD cases I have seen were from Jewelboxing - Super Jewel Box Packaging System - CD and DVD Cases. They will even send you a free sample.
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Inner Circle

This is the one that I Have

Black Double DVD Cases 14mm (hold 2 Disc) for CD DVD Media Storage, Made with Premium New Material, Wholesale Volume Discount Available

Too bad they are out of stock now. The glossy surface makes the DVD very luxorious looking. Otherwise, check out other DVD cases offer by Meritline. I have been ordering from them and the quality is quite good.
Taky Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Esslinger View Post
The nicest DVD cases I have seen were from Jewelboxing - Super Jewel Box Packaging System - CD and DVD Cases. They will even send you a free sample.
do they have double dvd jewel case? this one looks hot! I don't like how they use dvd labels but I love how they have templates. Not sure how well the papers cut though. from the video it looks great. but I bought some of the perforated papers from retail stores and they sucked.. you can see the perforated edges after you separated them..

Santo
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:03 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I've been using Jewelboxing cases and they look amazing.A bit of work to layout, print and fit but worth the effort but NO they do not produce a double disc case.
I don't use the disc labels but they are part of the package and no you don't see the perf'd edges. Like I siad they look great but the first few are a real PITA to do.
I'd like to see the guidelines a bit stronger so they can be seen a bit easier in Photoshop but maybe it's just my old eyes.

Polyline has double disc cases however they are the standard vinyl cases that most of us are familiar with. Make a wrap for the case and you're done. They are what they are.
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja View Post
but I bought some of the perforated papers from retail stores and they sucked.. you can see the perforated edges after you separated them..

Santo
I thought the same thing so I picked up a paper cutter from the office supply store. Perforated edge issue is now gone and I can cut faster and cleaner than tearing off the edges when I have a batch of 75 DVDs to finish.
Old September 8th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Yeah thanks everyone! I'm very interested in the meritline ones. I need something that could hold 2 dvds and not plastic preferably. If anyone else has the jackpot let us know! thanks.
Old September 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #8
Major Player

do they have double dvd jewel case?

I love these as well and I have been able to "stack" 3 disc in one case. Watch the on-line demo and they explain everything!
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss View Post
do they have double dvd jewel case?

I love these as well and I have been able to "stack" 3 disc in one case. Watch the on-line demo and they explain everything!
I just recently bought some more jewelboxing cases and no they don't have double cases UNLESS they have just come out with them. Personally I think that woould ruin the look of the case, I love the inside booklet. I usually put a group shot there with the "credits".

Anyway, why not call them and ask.
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Amaray Originals are the industry standard for double disc cases, used by most hollywood releases. Very good quality, it's the only kind I buy... and they are available from sleeve city.

Product Name: DVD Double Amaray Original
Jon Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #11
Regular Crew

I've used Jewlelboxing cases and the DVD cases hold 2 or 3 DVD/CDs by stacking them on top of each other. The holding notch is created in such a way that the DVDs don't touch or scratch each other while stacked.
Raymond Tsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Tsang View Post
I've used Jewlelboxing cases and the DVD cases hold 2 or 3 DVD/CDs by stacking them on top of each other. The holding notch is created in such a way that the DVDs don't touch or scratch each other while stacked.
I just looked at my Jewelboxing cases and don't see how you can stack them to hold more than 1 disc. MAybe I'm missing something. Could you perhaps post a pic to show how you do it?
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Don - I can post some photos later today but the site explains it here along with a video:

Jewelboxing - Super Jewel Box Packaging System - CD and DVD Cases

Essentially, the holding notch has 2 grooves that hold one disc each.
Raymond Tsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Thanks Raymond. The last time I was on the site there they didn't have the 2 disc hub.

Live and learn! Gotta keep up.

Thanks again.
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #15
Regular Crew

I've been using cases from US Plastics. I usually get about 100 which keeps the cost down. They are very good quality.

Jim
Jim Bucciferro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques