DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Most recent Getting Ready Montage... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/37929-most-recent-getting-ready-montage.html)

Glen Elliott January 17th, 2005 11:07 PM

Most recent Getting Ready Montage...

finished it a few minutes ago...shot with VX2100, DVC-80 (all handheld). Edited in Vegas 5.

http://home.comcast.net/~g.elliott3/...ing_Ready2.mpg

G. Lee Gordon January 18th, 2005 02:29 AM

I HATE YOU!!!

Glenn, all I can say after watching that is... I HATE YOU!!! I am really pissed! It's not fair that one person has so much talent!
Glenn, you've just "uped my game". Just by watching your montage, i have become... enlightened. Thank you for the inspiration.

Patrick Moreau January 18th, 2005 10:58 AM

Great as always. Thank you for sharing.

I was wondering what you do to achiece the transition you use in a lot of your videos? It is the one where the highlights seem to go to white first and then the rest of the image. From other posts, I think I remember that you work with Vegas, I'm trying to achieve something similiar to that with FCP4. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a chromakey with keyframes but it just doesn't look as clean or natural.

Thanks again for sharing.

Rafal Krolik January 18th, 2005 03:46 PM

I will take a stab at it. Is the highlights to white transition done with the "glow" effect?

Glen Elliott January 19th, 2005 12:11 PM

The effect I believe you are referring to is the "flash" transition which is a standard transition in Vegas. FCP or PPro do not have the same transition- but can be reproduced using keyframed "diffusion glows".

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Maurice O Carroll January 19th, 2005 12:45 PM

For FCP you could also try using the "Vapour" transition which can be downloaded free at http://www.kafwang.com/EUREKA/EurekaMain.html

I've already commented on the clip over at VU but once again, great job Glenn!

Mossy

Jacob Ehrichs January 19th, 2005 05:12 PM

Excelent job. Music was very well used. My only gripe is maybe caused by a misunderstanding. The footage is letterboxed but the flash to white transitions flashed the whole screen white. Can I assume this is on purpose? I guess I would have my transitions be confined to the area of my footage and not the surrounding 'letterbox' areas.

James Millne January 19th, 2005 05:28 PM

Makes you want to get married just so you can have a video made by this guy. Great stuff!

Glen Elliott January 21st, 2005 07:39 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Jacob Ehrichs : Excelent job. Music was very well used. My only gripe is maybe caused by a misunderstanding. The footage is letterboxed but the flash to white transitions flashed the whole screen white. Can I assume this is on purpose? I guess I would have my transitions be confined to the area of my footage and not the surrounding 'letterbox' areas. -->>>

It was a mistake on my part. I had it correct the first time but spelled my own name wrong in the watermark. When I went back and re-rendered it I forgot to apply the 1:85:1 mask again. Thus the reason the transition affects the entire frame.

Jeremy Rank January 21st, 2005 11:31 AM

What soundtrack is that...

I've dug through my stuff and don't have that soundtrack you use...what is it?

Robert Dombaj January 21st, 2005 12:15 PM

Glen,
Composition is good as is the saturation of the clips. I also like the music track (what is it BTW) but I think it's too dramatic and episodic for this particular piece. While watching, I keep thinking that Mel Gibson will ride out of the frame on a horse to save the day.

It also seems like the flash transition is overused a bit.

Regards,
Robert D.

G. Lee Gordon January 22nd, 2005 12:33 PM

Too dramatic??? Robert, can you show us a sample of your work???

Lamar Lamb January 22nd, 2005 04:02 PM

Glenn,
I really like it. I did something similar on the last wedding I did but not as nice as yours. I don't think it's too dramatic at all. My wife said the one I did reminded her of the start of a soap opera or one of those LMN shows but everyone else was very pleased. Also, I like the letterboxing of the main video with the logo and transitions extending to full screen. I had been considering doing something like that after seeing it done on some commercials but wasn't sure if it would look too ‘commercial-like’ for a wedding..... it doesn't. It really enhances the overall effect. Great job!!!

Robert Dombaj January 23rd, 2005 06:48 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by G. Lee Gordon : Too dramatic??? Robert, can you show us a sample of your work??? -->>>

Glenn,
I hope I didn't offend you. It was just my opinion.

I currently don't have a web site, but somebody is working on one for me. I will post a link once it is finished.

Robert

Glen Elliott January 23rd, 2005 07:14 PM

No not at all. I'm always open to critique and insight. If I was close minded I'd never continue my growth as a videographer.

Thanks for taking the time to post.