DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   "Family Announcement Video" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/39664-family-announcement-video.html)

Jesse Rosten February 17th, 2005 12:09 PM

"Family Announcement Video"

I produced this for a couple who had been trying to get pregnant for many years. They showed to their friends and family at a birthday party. It was a hit. Enjoy

http://www.savvyproductions.com/video%20samples/b5.wmv

Glen Elliott February 17th, 2005 12:34 PM

Great work Jesse. I enjoyed the pacing and the overall flow of the piece. I also liked the various filters and AE work. I STILL have to learn AE...I keep telling myself that.

What camera(s) plus NLE are you using? Btw love the two Yorkies (I have 2 as well...no lie) and the inclusion of the True Romance track. It's a great tune for growing up montages as well.

Would love to see more work from you sometime. Thanks for posting.

Jesse Rosten February 17th, 2005 12:46 PM

thanks Glen.

Camera was DVX100a. Everything was done in Vegas with the exception the writing-with-light part and the "coming in may" - those were done in AE.

Glad you like the dogs. They were part of the "twins" theme. The couple was really out going and fun to work with. I wish i could say I came up with all the shots but a few of them were their ideas.

Matt Jeppsen February 17th, 2005 04:40 PM

Nicely done

Wow, great work. That was extremely enjoyable. A ton of great shots and concepts in that clip...

I'm with Glen, I'd love to see more in the future. Thanks for posting!

Jeff Bradt February 17th, 2005 05:02 PM

Very creative thinking. I loved it.

Trevor Troup February 18th, 2005 02:37 PM

Wow! very enjoyable. Just out of curiosity, how much time did you spend shooting and editing?

Ben Lynn February 18th, 2005 02:44 PM

That was a lot of fun to watch ^_^ Thanks.

Ben Lynn

Jesse Rosten February 18th, 2005 03:47 PM

Total shooting time was close to 3 hours. For the first hour, we just walked around town and shot informally at any place that looked cool. Then we took a break to wait for the sun to go down to do the night shots.

Editing time - hmm, don't remember. Probably 6 hours total. But, with every project I do, I obsess with it for a week or so. So it may take me a couple hours to get the main edit done, but I come back and tweak little things for the next coouple days. And watch it over and over. Does anyone else do this?

I've found that if I have a solid idea to begin with the editing goes together pretty quick. Most of my editing time is spent playing with clips until I get a direction for something.

Brandon Greenlee February 18th, 2005 04:29 PM

Awesome video.

I liked the feel of it very much.

Allen Liu February 18th, 2005 08:23 PM

That was really impressive work. It flowed nicely and it looked like the couple really had a good time while shooting it. It was nice how you guys played around the "twins" theme. Great Job.

What is the title of the music you used in this? It had a really catchy tune to it. Also, was the heart drawing done in AE using Trapcode's 3D Stroke? Thanks!

Glen Elliott February 18th, 2005 08:47 PM

<<<--
What is the title of the music you used in this? It had a really catchy tune to it. Also, was the heart drawing done in AE using Trapcode's 3D Stroke? Thanks! -->>>

I'm usually very good naming tunes but this one eludes me- however I do know it's from the Saturn ION commercial.

Jesse is very talented...and a Vegas user to boot.

Jesse Rosten February 18th, 2005 09:24 PM

Thanks guys.

The heart drawing was done with Trapcode Particular. I shot the couple as they waved around a little pen light. I then pulled that footage into AE, motion tracked the light, and applied the position keyframes to the particle emitter.

Good ear Glen. The song is by the group The Watchmen - "We've Been Had" They're a pretty cool band (from the UK I think). I edited out the verses so the singing didn't take away from the images.

James Emory March 4th, 2005 12:33 PM

Great job Jesse! It looked like a national spot like on Lifetime or A&E. You have a great eye for visuals. Maybe a pharmaceutical company would be interested for a spot about fertility aids.

Mike Hardcastle March 4th, 2005 06:27 PM

that was excellent work, great flow and interest to it, supereb, BTW what software did you use to compress, its really clean for the size of file.????

Thanks

Jesse Rosten March 6th, 2005 11:53 PM

Thanks for the encouragement.

Video was compressed right off the Vegas timeline.