searchin a thread around here... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 17th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #1
Inner Circle

searchin a thread around here...

Hey,

I did a search on this forum but found nothing. Can someone give me the link? This is what I'm searching for:

It was a thread and I think the tittle was something like:
"For you all amateurs all beginning on wedding photography!"
(It could have been a little less harsh)

Now, the thread was from someone giving a VERY long list of things you shouldn't forget, and it was very interesting, but now I could use it, and I can't find it anywhere.

(It's not the thread: Beginner's questions)

So, anybody know the thread?
Maybe it's on another section of these boards, but I'm sure it was on these boards (well, I don't visit any others :-p)

Thanks,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 03:11 PM   #2
Wrangler

Just a thought.... sometimes the brute force approach is quicker and easier. If you go to the forum index you'll see there are only 8 pages of threads. Since you weren't sure what to search for, it may very well be faster to page through those 8 pages and click on anything that looks related.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:09 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Mathieu, do you remember approximately how long ago? Last month... last year? I'm sure we can find it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:10 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Not too lang ago, I would say a couple of months ago.
But I'll do a total seach, not only in the Wedding Videography section. Maybe then I'll find it.

Thanks for the concern,

BTW: I said in my earlier post I could use it now, but I don't want people to think I need it urgent. I don't.
But it just would come in handy to send it to my nephew, because we are thinking to film some weddings, but then I want to take some responsibality because there is much pressure I think if you are in charge of taking the pictures of a day a couple (probably) will never forget.
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

are you talking about the one that detailed all the reasons why wedding videography much harder than you think; and detailed all the reasons you shouldnt do it?
Josh Hibbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:35 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Well, I especially think I remember that it went about why it was harder than many people think.
Don't know about the other part though.

BTW: on this moment I'm doing a kind of very big search on the whole site. Maybe I'll find it :-)

Thanks,

EDIT: although this thread http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...of+you+wedding
is a very good one, I still don't think that's the one, although I could be wrong offcourse. I'll keep searching, if I don't find it, it won't be a disaster, believe, there is other very good information to find here as well.
Maybe I'm hallucinating ;-)
If I find the thread, I'll keep you informed.

Thanks,
Old February 17th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Hello,

I did a very large search, ended up having 71 pages of results and I watched them untill page 55 when my computer flipped out. To many threads I think ;-)

Now, I haven't found it, so:
1. or it indeed was the thread I posted here, but I thought differently
2. or I'm hallucinating
3. Or I just wasn't able to find it, and my answer was in the other 20 pages I still had to do. (I didn't know exactly what I typed in, so I can't just do the search again)

Well, I do found some other threads who were very usefull, and thanks to people trying to help.

bye
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:10 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Yes that thread you dug up is a _very_ good article about weddings videos, so true and right on the mark. It should be stickied for anyone thinking of the business. "People skills and advertisement"?! but I do video!

The other one I recall had a more condecending tone about angry brides, damaged tapes, many camera backups, and other such things. The author later softened his comments somewhat.

Or maybe I'm halucinating too ;)
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Héhé, great to hear you remember such a thread too.

I think I remember it indeed was a kind of harsh thread, but at the same time the guy summed up everything that one should be prepared for, and if you are making a little dv movie with your friends, there is no responsibality, but if you are paid and people chose you to do such an important event for them, you have to live up to it.
I still know that when I read that thread I thought: damn didn't thought of that.... that neither.... not even that... damn if I went to a wedding not knowing all these things I would have seriously f*ck*d those people's day!

So it was very informative, he sounded sometimes a little bit cynical, but there wasn't anything in the thread that was wrong.

Well, maybe I'll try again, a new search of 71 pages or so, but when I'm more awake ;-);-)

Bye
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #10
Regular Crew

This thread has parts on page one and two that are familiar, but for some reason the one im remembering was much longer..

A helpfull thread nonetheless

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29655&highlight=damaged
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Yes, I read it on my big search :-D
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques