Canon 7d vs 5d // any questions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 14th, 2009, 08:24 AM   #1
Still Motion

Canon 7d vs 5d // any questions?

at weva we will be presenting on the 7d, its new features, as well as how it compares with the 5d. we have been lucky enough to shoot several weddings with the cam already and are getting clearance to share those at weva.

we will be showing how the footage cuts together (5d + 7d), low light comparisions (go 7d!), understanding the dof difference between them, how a cropped sensor works + ef-s lenses, workflow solutions for both cams, and demonstrating some cool new features of the 7d, as well as some things many people don't know about on both cams (such as utilizing the white balance shift or extending the dynamic range of the cam).

any other specific questions we can answer about the 7d, or a comparison of the 7d vs 5d before, during our presentation?

i believe we are tuesday at about 10am for those interested in checking it out.

P.
______
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Wish I could have made it to WEVA this year. You know how I love you guys presentations.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Still Motion

thanks shaun,

it would have been great to catch up as well. too bad you couldn't make it this year.

P.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Major Player

Great I hope someone it going to film the presentation because the rest of us around the world would also like to be there :)
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Trustee

Hey Patrick,
would be awesome if you guys put something on the web, like Vimeo,
very curious to know what you guys think about 7D in comparison to 5D; cuz to me 5D is a perfect second camera, and I don't think I miss much not to upgrading to 7D,
thanks and best!
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #6
Major Player

Hey P,
Are you shooting both at 30p or one 24p and the other 30p downconverted? How is the workflow in FCS3? Any disadvantages to the 7D? You said that this will be your new main cam, will this mean you will be using it exclusively or still using the 5d as well? The cropped sensor really doesn't seem to be a problem with weddings in my mind, any problems arise that you have noticed?

JB
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques