soft FX, blown out look. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 11th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I agree, dissing AE is just plain blasphemy. Granted, it is a life long process to learn but if you really want your "own" look, it is the holy grail.

Don't make me crusade your a**.

Mike
Mike Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2005, 10:37 AM   #17
Inner Circle

roflmao.. i didnt mean to diss it.. lol
i like it, but like all other adobe apps its chockablock full of bloat thats not needed ( to my anyway.. )

hell i used to use Combustion, but even that now seems to be weak compared to what can be done with AE.. (mind you AE is really kick ass when its loaded with all the goodies of those magical 3rd party plugs ;) )
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:51 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kampia
If I understand corectly, that soft, blown-out look might be the same thing many of us call the "instant sex" look.

In PPro and AE, it can be acheived by copying the clip to the next track (or layer) up.
Then apply a gaussian blur filter to the copied top clip (3.0-10.0 or so--I always eyeball it based on how closeup the shot is).
Drop the opacity of the top track to 50-60%
Crank up the brightness a bit, toy with contrast, levels, oversaturate, whatever you want to do with that top layer until it looks cool.

With some playing around, it is a really sweet effect.

Adam is right, but I would use "levels" RGB white and RGB black to blow the highlights/blacks in place of brightness contrast. Gives a nice organic look.

John
John DeLuca is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques