DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   highlights clip... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/41972-highlights-clip.html)

Joel Peregrine March 28th, 2005 05:26 PM

highlights clip...

Hi All,

I was just taking down this client's web page and I thought I'd post this before it gets removed. Its not my best effort but there are some nice moments:

-link removed-

Joel

Maria Bowers March 28th, 2005 05:54 PM

Not your best effort? This was pretty good. The church was magnificent. What did you use for the motion shots? Nicely edited.

Patrick Moreau March 28th, 2005 06:41 PM

Thanks for sharing Joel, it is a very motivational piece, I wish I had a wedding to shoot this weekend.

I have a couple questions, if you don't mind. From other posts, I have gathered that you use Final Cut. If that's right, what effects do you use for your glows and luma dissolves (where the highlights dissolve first... I'm not sure what it is called)?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Glen Elliott March 28th, 2005 06:55 PM

Patrick: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=40881

Joel: Fantastic....as always. You continue to be one of my biggest inspirations. Your use of voice overs, the flud motion of the entire piece...without a single hickup or jerk. Your pieces are dreamlike in quality....they begin and end so...naturally. Picture perfect man...I strive to be as good as you Joel. You are one of the true masters of this art. As you know I look up to you a great deal and have the utmost respect for you as a friend and an artist.

Thanks for posting.

Patrick Moreau March 28th, 2005 06:59 PM

Thanks Glen, I actually caught that before, just wondering about the transition and if what exactly Joel uses, if it is inded FCP.

Jon Omiatek March 28th, 2005 07:40 PM

WOW! That was great. What camera(s) do you use?

Thanks for sharing!

Jon

Joel Peregrine March 29th, 2005 10:02 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice comments.

Maria: All the shots were done hand-held or with a monopod.

Jon: Four Sony VX2000

Patrick: I didn't do anything special with the dissolves. Some are keyframes and others are the standard transition. I've linked the timeline below. (Just ignore the fact that the media is offline.)

gs8.inmotionhosting.com/~weddin5/timeline.jpg

Young Lee March 30th, 2005 01:17 PM

Wow~ I really liked it. What music was it?

Joel Peregrine March 30th, 2005 01:25 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Young Lee : Wow~ I really liked it. What music was it? -->>>

Hi Young,

That was from the 'Angels in America' soundtrack by Thomas Newman.

Adam Webskowski April 7th, 2005 07:24 PM

Joel,

In one of your videos it looked like the videographer covering the procession from the alter area had a monopod with three short legs on the bottom. Was I seeing things? If so, who makes it and where can I get one? Also, for your high up shots of the bride entering the sanctuary with her father you shoot your trademark shot. Is that camera left unattended or is it clamped onto something?

Joel Peregrine April 7th, 2005 07:59 PM

Hi Adam,

"In one of your videos it looked like the videographer covering the procession from the alter area had a monopod with three short legs on the bottom. Was I seeing things? If so, who makes it and where can I get one?"

I think you were seeing things. I'll occasionally use a monopod, but there aren't any legs on it. The monopod I have came with a 'screw-in' adapter for the bottom that has three short extensions that flip out. This supposedly allows you to let the monopod stand by itself but its not sturdy.

"for your high up shots of the bride entering the sanctuary with her father you shoot your trademark shot. Is that camera left unattended or is it clamped onto something?"

Its just a high tripod and yes, its left unattended.