Please Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 29th, 2005, 04:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Please Help!

Hey please help with the below. I’m doing my very first wedding tomorrow, and its very high profile they have specified that audio is very important.

I picked up a second hand Sennheiser EW100G2 wireless mic (plug in transmitter & transmitter) I'm planning on putting the mic on a stand and facing it very close to the speaker in the church. As these are second hand I don’t have a manual.

Could anyone please tell me what I should set the following settings to or even explain where their for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Poilot?
Sensit?
AF Out?
Squelch?
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 05:35 AM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Cummins
Hey please help with the below. I’m doing my very first wedding tomorrow, and its very high profile they have specified that audio is very important.

I picked up a second hand Sennheiser EW100G2 wireless mic (plug in transmitter & transmitter) I'm planning on putting the mic on a stand and facing it very close to the speaker in the church. As these are second hand I don’t have a manual.

Could anyone please tell me what I should set the following settings to or even explain where their for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Poilot?
Sensit?
AF Out?
Squelch?
Maybe try Senheisser's site. They might have a PDF manual for that wireless system online somewhere.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:34 AM   #3
Major Player

eeeeesshhhh !!!
Bob Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:57 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Cheers, but they dont. anyone else?
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #5
Major Player

At a minimum you need 2 feeds. One from the sennheiser mounted to the groom. The second mic can be a shotgun set up at the best distance from the speaker, or an omni vocal mic quite close. Best would be a condenser mic with a wide pattern to get the room as well as the amplified sound.

The lav mic should be on a person and not to be relied upon for a long, wide pick up.

I'll email you the manual for the 100. The most important setting is the sensitivity. You will need to test this with really good headphones at the location.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques