3rd Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 29th, 2005, 06:53 AM   #1
New Boot

3rd Camera

For my 3rd camera that will either be placed in a balcony or in the back of the church, would the PV-GS150 work out fine? The specs seem prtty good and I do not think I need to spend an arm and a leg for a camera to capture wide angle shots.

Any advice, Thanks,

Chris A
Chris Agner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:13 AM   #2
Major Player

At least it's a 3 chip cam. 1/6th of an inch is a pretty small ccd. But if the colour rendition is similar to your others your finished edit will benefit from the additional angle.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Matching specs, batteries and things like that are important. Otherwise you save a few bucks on a camera and spend hours fooling with extra equipment, editing time, etc.
Bob Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #4
Capt. Quirk

Check it out, and see what kind of image you might get from that distance. If you can't get a close enough picture from it, you might use a better cam for the long wide shots, and use the cheaper for closer shots.
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:18 AM   #5
Major Player

That camera will match well with Sony camera's is adequate lighting. My church uses PD-150's and a PV model just like the GS150 (I forget the model number) as the third camera. The Pani matches up really well together for a camera that gets plugged in and used. Little to no color correction should be needed in post (depends on how picky you get).

As a high pov is should work out fine. The picture quality is good. At the reception when it gets dark it won't be usable in the lower light. It does have the top load tape mechanism and that helps. One thing I don't like is that it shuts down after 5 min if you aren't recording. That can be bad if you need the camera as a feed camera for a live event because you always have to run a tape in it. It is ultra small and compact. It has the mic input but I wouldn't use it as a main audio source, just a backup.

I wasn't happy about the manual functions because they were difficult to use, but it's a third camera and runs on auto all the time anyway so I've accepted the auto settings with that cam.

If your using Canon camera's as your main units, watch out. The color's won't match well and you should look for a small canon model rather than the Pani model. Canon's seems to have a much different color chart than Sony and Panasonic so watch for that.

Ben Lynn
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques