A Question About Traveling with Gear at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

A Question About Traveling with Gear

Hello All,

I am not sure where this thread should go but I have some questions about flying gear.

I am getting ready to fly to Colorado to film a relative archiving some family stories. My concern is that this trip has multipurposes and I will have to check some gear. I have a pelican case for my cam and audio gear, but how does the TSA view locks and securing your equipment? I know ideal is caring-on as much as you can but sometimes that is not possible.

Any advice you may have to offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 08:10 PM   #2
Major Player

The TSA is normally very good about locking your equipment if you let them know what it needs. Be nice, give them the lock to use and explain that you would like the case to be locked after inspection, and they most always make sure it gets locked.

Ben Lynn
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques