Newest Highlight Vignette to share... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:46 PM   #1
Wrangler

Newest Highlight Vignette to share...

http://home.comcast.net/~g.elliott3/...Highlights.wmv

Feedback and input always appreciated. Thanks.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Wow!

I'm always amazed at how clean your footage is! Not only are your camera setting spot on, but it really shows that you spend a lot of time carefully adjusting each shot in post. That was really some incredible footage!

I'm sorry I'm saying this, but I did think that one edit point could be adjusted. You have the shot of the couple going down the aisle, then they are outside. For the outside shot the camera is tilted one direction, then you cut to another shot and the camera is tilted a differnt direction. It just didn't sit well with me and I thought that the directions should have matched or gone back to a level shot. That was my only thought on that and everything else was incredible.

Thank you for sharing that clip. Fabulous!

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Glen,

Thanks for posting that link - awesome stuff.

I'm curious as to the setup you have - kind of camera/multiple cameras?/ shoulder mounts etc? I'm using a Z1 and still getting used to my DVRigPro. You mentioned in another post using a monopod to get high angle shots? How are you monitoring what you shoot at that angle?

Really great stuff - I'm getting some great ideas from watching yours and everyone else's videos on here. I'm getting more and more embarrassed that my stuff looks so plain compared to everyone else here.
Maui, Hawaii
Todd Mizomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:00 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Once again Glen, inspiring stuff.

I'm assuming that was a monopod shot with the light fixture in the left corner? Nice.

I especially liked the way you did the vows. Great audio quality and the way you worked them in worked well in this compressed format.

Now that I've actually done ONE of these highlights, I know how much harder it is than it looks!

Thanks for posting.

Jeff
Old May 4th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bradt
Once again Glen, inspiring stuff.

I'm assuming that was a monopod shot with the light fixture in the left corner? Nice.

I especially liked the way you did the vows. Great audio quality and the way you worked them in worked well in this compressed format.

Now that I've actually done ONE of these highlights, I know how much harder it is than it looks!

Thanks for posting.

Jeff
Yes the high- ceiling light reveal was a monopod shot. Regarding the vows- yeah I use a UWP-C1 but replaced the included mic with an ECM-77. Roughly $300 retail but well worth it for the audio fidelity and richness.

Jeff, they'll get easier the more you go through the process of editing. The hardest part sometimes is laying down the first clip. Try not to think linearly as well. Find a good crecendo in the audio piece and lay your most powerful shot down over it. Then build up around that shot.
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:37 PM   #6
Inner Circle

as usual Glen, awesome work mate!
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 11:35 PM   #7
Major Player

Glen, was that done with 2 cameramen & 3 cameras?
Bob Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:22 AM   #8
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
Glen, was that done with 2 cameramen & 3 cameras?

Well the ceremony was 3 cam and the reception 2 cam. Yes, two videographers. Me and an assistant, another DVinfo member- Charley G.
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:44 AM   #9
Regular Crew

A piece of art...like always. Great job Glenn Congrats!

Alexis
Alexis Vazquez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques