So this site doesnt allows to grow !!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:16 PM   #1
Major Player

So this site doesnt allows to grow !!!

Well i had posted a little nfo on my services about Wedding Video Editing services from India for all the Weddings around the Globe. But as the nature of this site the thread was moved to a location NON reacheable...whihc means i cannot expand my business thru this site ... I cannot earn some extra dime thru this site. Cool, atleast the thread could have been closed with some info about it rather than just moving & shutting it down w/o any reasons assigned.

bankim.jain@gmail.com
Wedding Video Editing Services form India.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:18 AM   #2
Wrangler

No one, in my opinion, should be trying to use these boards to expand his/her business. Just get in there and do your best work--that's how you'll make the extra dime. Enjoy being a video editor, and use this forum for asking questions, exchanging ideas, and helping others in the forum community.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:53 AM   #3
Wrangler

Hi Bankim,

We hope you will continue to participate here at DVinfo and that the exchange of ideas will indeed help you grow. However we don't allow blatant advertising for goods or services in the forums (with the exception of the private classifieds which are intended for personal and not business use). I think Lorinda has done an excellent job in summarizing the philosophy behind the site. There are plenty of other places to turn if you want to advertise.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation, and we'll look forward to your future contributions.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi All,

I surely understand the effectiveness of this site & value all the effort to keep it alive for us users. I have definately gained a lot of info form this site esp when i use purchasing an FS3 this site really helped me to get clarifications on my doubts ...

All i thought being an editor to use this forum to do a little more business from places outside India. I have no ill intentions to misuse this wonderfull forum. I would still express my desire to have my work being utilised by the fellow forum members who would feel any interest in it. If it is unfair to use this forum then I would not like to misuse it again.

Thanks again.
Old May 4th, 2005, 11:06 AM   #5
Trustee

If you have something that you think is really cool, and other editors might be interested, then send me the link via the contact info my web site and I would be happy to post a link for you. If you do not have a web page, and I think the material is really useful, I can put up a page on my site to let people know about it.

If your product or services are useful, just let me know. I don't get the traffic this site does, but my site is designed specifically for that purpose. Letting people know about interesting products and services.

(I got over 30,000 visits last month.)

I also like to post links to sites with videos.
Old May 4th, 2005, 02:09 PM   #6
Major Player

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time marketing your services but I don't believe this would really be the best place to advertise them anyway. Think about it, do you have a business that edits wedding videos? That's exactly what most of these people do as well. Collaboration with a shooter might be alright, but I think most shooters do their own editing. You might try a discussion group for wedding planners or something similar to boost your sales. It's a tough game but perseverance and creativity pays off.

Good luck!
Rhett Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques