My First Post - Wedding Promo Reel - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 17th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Don't get me wrong, I really like the lighbulb logo I just don't think the breaking glass aspect of it sets the mood properly. I could live with it at the end after you have done your job of portraying your outstanding work. It's a violent event and it's too much about you and not your prospective client. They are looking for joy, harmony, beauty, a bursting lightbulb is to my mind the opposite of that.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:13 PM   #17
Regular Crew

the view I get, on the light bulb.
a light bulb is widley known to repersent an 'idea'. In this case the idea is so powerful it explodes the concept of ideas itself.
Thats my take on it.
I'm interested to know Matthew Ebenezer reason for using it ;)
Old October 18th, 2005, 02:04 AM   #18
New Boot

Great work - I just wish I could see all of it. Every time the clip play the first few seconds of the jazz music then stops. I've tried deleting offline content to no avail.
Old October 19th, 2005, 12:52 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley D Wright
Great work - I just wish I could see all of it. Every time the clip play the first few seconds of the jazz music then stops. I've tried deleting offline content to no avail.
i'm having the same issues here. powermac g5, os x tiger (10.4.2 8C46) safari 2.0 (412.2), windows media player 9.0.0 (3307).
A.J. Briones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 06:28 AM   #20
Major Player

Very nice, I love this piece, a young David Bonner (not that you are so old David, great work, These web boards are the best, that is essentially why I quit WEVA (not that it was bad) there is so much cutting edge stuff out there, these boards are where the most learning takes place, keep up the great job!

AEMIKEA
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #21
Major Player

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure why the Mac users among us are experiencing troubles. WMV stuff sometimes doesn't go well on the Mac :(

David - the lightbulb is the logo for my business - goto http://www.ebenezerfilms.com/index-.php to see what I mean. The website is still being finished so please forgive the not-so-polished parts.

Yes, the lightbulb does represent ideas. Mainly from the angle of taking current ideas and ways of doing wedding videos/tv commercials (especially in my local area) and giving them a big shake up. That's it really - nothing too grandiose :)

Thanks,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Nice site, I am a big fan of that 'grundge look'
what was your involvemnt with your Souldframe promo?
Its good as is the the rest of the work you have up..
good luck
Dave
Old October 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #23
Inner Circle

" and giving them a big shake up"

good stuff! Keep at it Matty, and if u need a hand, drop me a line. U knwo where to find me bro.

we need more shaking in this industry... its a pathetic joke dominated by untrained, uneducated morons who refuse to evolve..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 08:41 PM   #24
Major Player

David,

I put the Soulframe promo together from some old Hi-8 footage I had lying around plus some footage I took at a festival plus footage from a 5 camera shoot at that same festival.

The band came to me needing a short promo to send people in order to get more gigs/exposure etc ....

Thanks,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 04:00 AM   #25
Regular Crew

I look forward to seeing more from you and your 'bright ideas'
Take care
Dave

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques