Indian Wedding Reception Intro for Review at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Indian Wedding Reception Intro for Review

Hi Folks,
Following is a Intro I put together for an Indian Wedding Reception I did back in February. Althought, this is nowhere near the works of some of the ppl in here, I would appreciate if you could give me your feedback on it. Thanks.

http://www.ifdvideo.com/videos/intro.wmv
Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Overall I thought it was very tasteful. Well put together. I liked the cutout at the end but could do without the wedding reception title. I find that those titles are overdone just as wipes are and takes away from the product. As soon as you change venues we'll know we're at the reception so we don't need to be told. Just my thoughts. What are you using to edit?
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jason for your feedback. This is a 'Reception only' event. These couple had their wedding (ie ceremony) back in India and did a reception for their friends and family here in Canada. So that's the reason I used the "Wedding Reception" title.

I'm using Matrox RTX.100 Extreme Pro with Adobe Premiere 1.5 Pro. It's a decent system but not very plased with it's performance. Just got introduce to Vegas... which I like alot. I wish I knew about Vegas when I bought my system. I'm looking to make my migration from Premiere to Vegas gradually. Gonna start of with just doing my hilights clips in vegas then increase the work load slowly. Vegas Rocks!
Old July 3rd, 2005, 03:31 PM   #4
Regular Crew

What music are you using

I really liked the video but what really caught my attention was the music. That may be because I have been in that industry for a while. What music did you use?
Old July 4th, 2005, 06:28 PM   #5
Regular Crew

hey that was a great edit, i enjoyed it alot. but i was wondering how you did that cut-out of the bride and groom sitting at the table, with the title of the reception.
Old July 5th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks for the feedback guys... I was a little worried. Posted this long time ago and didn't receive much feedback...thought my work is not worthy enough to be commented from folks here... gald to know there r a few ppl in here who like my work.

Derek: Music that I used in this piece is from Alexander movie soundtrack. I like to use the sounds from periods movies. It gives that "Larger than life" to the video. Let me know if u know any other music of this kind. I would like to have some variety of music.

Jared: the cut-out is very simple. I saved that frame as a bitmap. Then brought it into photoshop and used crop to tool cut the background and saved that as another image. Then I brought the cut-out image back into timeline and disolved it with the original. The titles r seperate images (with transparancey bg) in seperate tracks.
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:36 AM   #7
Wrangler

Nice work Ram. I liked the effects on the titling. I wasn't as keen on the bright light ray effects over the footage. It was a nice powerful song and served well as a short intro. Left me wanting more.

There was one shot in there I felt could have benefited had you been a few feet to the right. The cake cutting shot's angle had the cake blocking the knife cutting the cake. Try your best to position yourself where you can frame up both the bride and groom plus the knife cutting into the cake.

Great job- and thanks for posting. Look forward to seeing more work from you in the future. Feel free to ask any Vegas questions you might have. If I can't answer it I'm sure one of the resident Vegas gurus surely will. Good luck and you made a fantastic NLE choice!
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:35 AM   #8
Major Player

That was beautiful.
Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:00 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Openning title was fantastic. A little glow heavy for MY taste, however a great job. That must have taken a little bit of time ;-)
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #10
Regular Crew

shining light, how?

hello ram purad, nice edit. would like to know how the shining from the hands of couples are done, also the title where there is a shining light from the behind.

anyone knows how these are done? thanks
Leonardo Silva Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #11
Major Player

Very nice Ram. Looks like Matrox has some after effects lookalikes like "rays" and "PS Classics" for particle generators during the shining and glimmering portions ...

I agree that the sound bed is a nice match. I just wish there were a way to easily get and use these in a wedding video.

Well done!
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McKenzie
Very nice Ram. Looks like Matrox has some after effects lookalikes like "rays" and "PS Classics" for particle generators during the shining and glimmering portions ...

I agree that the sound bed is a nice match. I just wish there were a way to easily get and use these in a wedding video.

Well done!
Does the "Rays" and "PS classics" answers my question in shining of hands of couples as well as the title?
Leonardo Silva Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:07 PM   #13
Regular Crew

The shining effect I used in the title and on couple's hands is not included in matrox effects.It's a 3rdparty effect made for premiere and after effects. It's called trapcode shine effect. Trapcode have a few effects which are quite poplular. Among those effects I like shine and star glow effects. It gives that rich look to the video.
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Purad
The shining effect I used in the title and on couple's hands is not included in matrox effects.It's a 3rdparty effect made for premiere and after effects. It's called trapcode shine effect. Trapcode have a few effects which are quite poplular. Among those effects I like shine and star glow effects. It gives that rich look to the video.
Especially when used judiciously with text. Highlights are harder to control but the author of this thread did a fine job on the hands during the opening sequence.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 01:02 AM   #15
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Purad

Especially when used judiciously with text. Highlights are harder to control but the author of this thread did a fine job on the hands during the opening sequence.

where can i get those kind of effects? is it a freeware? thanks again
Leonardo Silva Jr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques