DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Hooking up with Wedding coordinators (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/46540-hooking-up-wedding-coordinators.html)

Art Guglielmo June 21st, 2005 05:22 AM

Hooking up with Wedding coordinators

How is anyone here getting work from Wedding coordinators ? I have a list here of coordinators in my area, but not sure how to approach it. Do I cold call them, and try to set-up meetings with them to start selling my work, or is that rude ? Also, do you make a deal with them to cut them in on any bookings they get you ? I have gotten a few jobs through wedding coordinators in the past, but I would like to become a regular on someone list in my area.

Any help would be appriciated.

Peter Jefferson June 21st, 2005 08:41 AM

yes, loads... i also work with a handful of good competitive photographers.
we bounce clients to and fro and it works really well.
The option to work with one photographer has been offered numerous times, however to restrict business opportunities to this one photography could make or break your business..

Referal systems are far safer and the responsibility for the work is wholly yours and noone elses. As youre the producer, you SHOULD be accountable.. this way if theres a problem, they cant approach anyone else and must approach you. Moreso on the flipside, in case the photograpehr stuffs up, i dont have to deal with it.. but if we were part of the same company, i would

ok, how to set up with co-ords, firstly show them some video of the actual venue in full swing. They can use this as marketing material.
Ive done afew video brochures which the coordinators play fo the potential client.

In this showreel (abotu 6 minutes) it goes through the locations, table setups, stop motion of a preparation for a reception (always good with a voiceover), the bride, the ceremony, afew locations shots with the bride and finally the reception in full swing.

This way the bride (shes the financial manager throughout the whole wedding planning, so its HER you have to grab.. ) can envision her own wedding being recieved as the demos..
Its a perfect selling tool for receptions as they dont really have to speak.. especially when you show the menu choices and exactly what they look lke..

what else.. thats about it really.. I usualy throw in my logo at the end of the video and make sure i mention "Wedding Production" somewhere there (my actual business doent only cater for weddings) and the coordinators usually give me a plug during the spiel (whether or not this happens who knows) but within their info packs, they put flyers/brochures of my business..

it works well.. it could be better, but the only return they get is a finders fee (sometimes 5%, otehrs 10%, others a couple of hundred.. it depends on the package and how much of a plug we got during teh pitch ( i ask teh client) With these i always get an invoice, as it can be written off on tax.