Vid cam for Unboxing/macro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 13th, 2009, 02:35 AM   #1
Tourist

Vid cam for Unboxing/macro?

Firstly let me state my complete n00b status!

I was recommended this Forum by a friend in the film industry, comparatively my knowledge and understanding of all things camera and film is quite limited - so if you could be patient with me I would be very grateful! :)

I have been tasked with filming some 'unboxing' videos for a mobile phone website. More specifically this will involve unwrapping the product item by item, with a voice over describing the product and also some close quarter action showing interfaces, applications, buttons etc...

Could someone recommend a good camera for this task?

so far my research has deduced that anything mini (Flip mino etc) cant get close enough to the action, and that a good bet would be to invest in a SLR with HD video and a Macro lense. Where this does look like a sure fire solution, budget wise that is going to be £600+ and currently the company isnt willing to stretch any further than £300!

so to summarize , can anyone recommend a piece of kit that would do this job for under £300?

further to this, HD is not essential - this will be used on small videos online, all that is important is that the video is crisp, clear and able to get very close to a mobile device.

If anyone has any ideas at all i'd love to hear them!

and also really sorry if this is in the wrong section, wasnt sure where this question belongs!
Lewis Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:38 AM   #2
Tourist

cameras i was looking at...

here are a few that with my limited knowledge i thought looked like they might be ok - prob useless though!

Samsung HMX10 HD review cheap prices HMX10 HD Samsung best buy discount online uk shop - gets good review on Cnet?

Samsung SMX-K40 review cheap prices SMX-K40 Samsung best buy discount online uk shop - people questioning its upscaled footage?

Samsung HMX-R10BP/XEU MEMORY CARD - BLACK review cheap prices HMX-R10BP/XEU MEMORY CARD - BLACK Samsung best buy discount online uk shop - looks pretty good, but not sure about the zooming?
Lewis Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques