Particular video company banned from filming wedding at church? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Closed Thread

Old October 29th, 2009, 05:39 AM   #31
Major Player

You can't talk about higher values, Faith and God Almighty and then treat people like a ruthless corporation. It may not be illegal, but it surely doesn't represent the morals they try to teach us. If one creates trouble in the church, I agree, ban them for life. But this one is very-very different and makes me think suspiciously.

Anyway, in Greece, we usually don't have such problems. Ok, it's up to the priest to decide what happens, but although most of them have a strong temper (due to the fact that church in Greece is economically more powerful than many US corporations but State and Church are not seperated, and that means a lot of complicated things), if you are nice with them, they are nice with you and everything goes smoothly. Of course in big cities like Athens, there are cases of priests demanding money from photographers-videographers in order to let them use lights and let them do their work without issues, but I haven't witnessed it many times (yet).
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #32
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Mantalias View Post
You can't talk about higher values, Faith and God Almighty and then treat people like a ruthless corporation.
And yet, in America at least, that's just exactly what some churches are.

And as Mark Harvey has already pointed out, it is their right... however dumb and arbitrary it may seem, whether you like it or not.

The remedy for Marius Boruch is to get on the approved vendor list for that church. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some kind of retainer / fee / tribute / contract / monetary exchange involved for that sort of exclusivity.

I understand that many of you have very strong feelings about this issue. Please publish yourselves and make your opinions known by posting *on your own blogs* and kindly reserve this forum for its intended purpose: discussing the technical and creative aspects of event & wedding videography.

We're done here. Thanks for understanding.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques