Video Editing Help Needed. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 28th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Video Editing Help Needed.

Ok, I am going to try to sub out some video editing. I am not fast at it, and am staying busy enough with photography that I may be better off out sourcing it, than doing it myself.

I have several weddings on timelines, some are almost done, some are synced through the ceremony. Some only converted with cineform to avi and dropped on timelines.

I shoot a basic edit video, very little if any before ceremony, I offer a very basic video coverage, usually one camera, but shoot with 3 for my peace of mind.

Wondering if anyone on here has experience doing this and the cost. I will try with one wedding and see how it goes.

Cameras I use Sony EX1, Canon XH-A1 and HV30.
They are on an Adobe Premier Pro CS4 Timeline now.

Anyone interested in doing this let me know.

If this works out, may still offer video next year and just send the footage to them and pay more.

I can edit these myself If I have too, but will be better business if I can sub it out right now.

Thanks
Denny
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Denny,

I am interested in editing the weddings; not sure if i would be able to complete the ones in progress.

i edit with adobe cs3 running on a matrox rt.x2 card, have not yet updated to cs4.

do you have a wedding i could review to get an idea of what the completed edited finsished product is?

also, do you just what them edited where you can make additional cahnges or do you want them completed to a dvd/blu ray to deliver?

thanks

George
George Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #3
Major Player

George:

Give me/us an estimated cost for a wedding edit.

I have more than I can edit right now.

Jeff
Old October 28th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Major Player

Jeff,

What type of editing is needed? I do not have a set price, it would depend on the type of edit you need.

As mentioned I edit with the adobe cs3 collection and matrox rt.x2. This setup works well for both dv and hdv projects. Other formats are supported but I have not worked with anything other than dv and hdv.

The wedding season here is slowing down and I have time to take additional post projects and would be able to continue editing in 2010 if needed.

here are various clips for review:

http://www.focal-point-video.com/media/nelson.wmv

http://www.focal-point-video.com/swe...akecutting.wmv

Sample Ceremony

http://www.focal-point-video.com/rapach/segue.mp4

The best method is to send your audio and video files in folders on a notebook hard drive along with instructions for the edit. I will send clips for you to review as the edit progresses.

PM or email the details for your editing and let's see if we can make an arrangement that benefits both of us, thanks.

George
George Bean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques