Free hosting service at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 6th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Free hosting service

I've stumbled across this new site on moo.com called: Free Website Builder - Moonfruit - Beautiful websites, simply

I was wondering what you veterans think of this site? (since it's free)
Old November 6th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Not bad.

Sites look nice. I signed up to do a quick check. The drawback is your website address is yourname.moonfruit.com. Not as good as yourname.com.

It reminds me of how homestead.com started. It was free for a while with the same kind of site address. Then after about 6 months or so, they crippled access to my site and would only make it live and accessible again if I paid their fees.

I would not rely on this type of site to provide you "free" hosting forever. They may get you hooked and then reveal the catch.

Jeff
Jeff Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Trustee

There are a couple of things to keep in mind regarding free web hosting services. The first one Jeff mentioned. You will have a URL that makes you look small time. The other is that free sites are not indexed well by search engines. You will also have their advertisements on your free site. If these things aren't important to you, they can be a good deal.

PC Magazine says some good things about them - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1553768,00.asp
Jim Snow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques