Delivering HD content - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #46
Major Player

Peronne:

There have been some bummer Blu-Ray firmware updates every now and then.

I updated my LG & lost the ability to play BD-R. Fortunately you can easily downgrade LG firmware. They have since released other "updates" none of which support BD-R.

Granted, few in the consumer world play BD-Rs, but it dosent make sense to me and just makes BD distribution a tiny bit more difficult for no reason I can think of.

Jeff
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #47
Inner Circle

Ironically, my new BluRay player just came in at the office today. I can't get the friggin thing onto the internet, but it played my DVDs nicely. I'll be testing it later with some DVD9 material to see if that works.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM   #48
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kellam View Post
I updated my LG & lost the ability to play BD-R. Fortunately you can easily downgrade LG firmware. They have since released other "updates" none of which support BD-R.
Jeff
It is this kind of stuff that can make us pull our hair out.

Sony is the main name associated with Blu-ray and they also happen to make all kinds of HD cameras.

Why can't BD-R be ironclad in the spec of every player? Just like all of the them play 1080p24.

It is a format and they are making all of these cameras for content creators and then killing them at the distribution level, just like DVD+R & -R

One would think it would be better this time around.

Makes all of these new cameras look like a bit of a farce if you don't know if your client can even play what you give them.

The worst thing is that you do not know there is a problem until the client tries the finished product, then it is too late.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques