DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Streaming wedding videos (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/46775-streaming-wedding-videos.html)

Ken Hendrickson June 25th, 2005 06:17 PM

Streaming wedding videos

Anyone here offer streaming wedding videos for their clients? I was thinking about putting the highlights montage on my website for them to share with family that wasnt there, or for an extra fee, they can have their own 'personalized' webpage to share their wedding photos, video ect.

Chris Thomas June 26th, 2005 09:32 AM

I offer 3 months of web streaming $100 on my lower end packages, and include it in my top package. I built a 3 page site template, with the first page modeled after the DVD cover I made for the customer. the second page displays the video and includes a paragraph of text as a message from the couple to the guests, and the third page is a guest book for visitors to sign & the Bride and Groom to print.

Be sure you have a hosting plan with sufficient bandwidth, I average about 150 hits to the video, which usually translates to about 3-4 GB of bandwidth over the 3 month period. The first 2 weeks after the launch seem to be the busiest, often with more than 50% of the traffic.

-Chris

Ken Hendrickson June 26th, 2005 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Thomas
I offer 3 months of web streaming $100 on my lower end packages, and include it in my top package. I built a 3 page site template, with the first page modeled after the DVD cover I made for the customer. the second page displays the video and includes a paragraph of text as a message from the couple to the guests, and the third page is a guest book for visitors to sign & the Bride and Groom to print.

Be sure you have a hosting plan with sufficient bandwidth, I average about 150 hits to the video, which usually translates to about 3-4 GB of bandwidth over the 3 month period. The first 2 weeks after the launch seem to be the busiest, often with more than 50% of the traffic.

-Chris

I have 75 gb of bw a month, so I should be pretty good for now.

Which video do you offer? the highlights, the whole wedding? I was thinking about even offering a time compressed version of the ceremony.

Tommy James June 26th, 2005 10:01 AM

The only so professional way to do it is to offer your clients streaming high definition video over the internet. Of course there is going to be a buffer time even with high speed internet but it will be worth the wait. With DSL being offered as low as 15 bucks a month there is no reason to optimize your video for dialup connections. Streaming high definition video over the internet is the wave of the future and it is practical even.

Chris Thomas June 26th, 2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Which video do you offer? the highlights, the whole wedding? I was thinking about even offering a time compressed version of the ceremony.
I only post the highlight reel, and it usually comes out at 25-40MB in a reasonable .wmv format.